dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Epstein

Post by dualstow » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:49 am

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:45 pm
The Epstein memes are superb.
I haven’t seen those, but there are some great limericks on twitter.
Sam Bankman-Fried sentenced to 25 years
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:19 am

Here you go, pug. Feast! O0
https://twitter.com/hashtag/EpsteinLime ... wsrc%5Etfw

One caveat: some people have no clue about meter. Hey, it’s twitter. But there are some gems.

Here’s one of many from Bret Weinstein — you may remember him from such threads as The Left is Eating Itself, as he was the ousted professor who used to work at Evergreen.
ABC will never confess
All the reasons it chose to suppress
The things that it knew of the rich men who flew
Aboard Epstein’s Lolita Express
from “mom folding laundry”:
There once was a private school teach,
Who did, from all royalty, leach
Both scruples and cash
Peddling underage snatch
But, in jail, he could not dodge their reach.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:12 pm

dualstow wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:49 am
Kriegsspiel wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:45 pm
The Epstein memes are superb.
I haven’t seen those, but there are some great limericks on twitter.

You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:48 pm

:D The possibilities are infinite!
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:49 am

So how do I put an image here aside from putting in its URL? I cannot upload an image from my computer or paste one?

Thanks

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:55 am

Click the "Attachments" tab below the message text. That'll let you upload a picture, then you can choose to put it inline in your message.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:20 am

Xan wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:55 am
Click the "Attachments" tab below the message text. That'll let you upload a picture, then you can choose to put it inline in your message.
Wow! For some reason it just took me what seemed forever to see that attachments tab! Thanks. And, here is the image (which I think many here will enjoy on two levels)…

Vinny
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (724.37 KiB) Viewed 6149 times
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:45 pm

I'm too caught up in those annoying English mistakes (made by native speakers; I don't pick on ESL students) to care about Epstein now. O0
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:04 pm

dualstow wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:45 pm
I'm too caught up in those annoying English mistakes (made by native speakers; I don't pick on ESL students) to care about Epstein now. O0
Getting back to my immigrant father again and one thing I admired about him.

He came to the country at the age of 13 speaking no English. Because of that great impediment he did not graduate high school until the age of 21 (it is just striking me as I write this that I may have inherited my oft-times great persistence from him). At the end of that he wrote great perfectly grammatical sentences and paragraphs.

I many times contrasted that with my experience when I worked at the undergraduate counseling office of the School of Business at the University of Massachusetts. There was an unbelievable amount of students who could not successfully string just two sentences together as to why they wanted to drop a course. And, these were COLLEGE students! And, for any of you want to harken back to it was so much better way back when, I'm referring to the 1975 / 1976 time period! A LONG time ago!

Vinny
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:11 pm

I'm going to say his name is Vincenzo Sr and he came from Abruzzi. How'd I do?
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:23 pm

dualstow wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:11 pm
Close. He was Anthony and, of course, my middle name is Anthony. I used to say that if you were Italian it was either your first or middle name.

And, I don't even know where Abruzzi is. I always tell people that I'm genetically 100% Southern Italian but 100% culturally American (because of the way my sister and I were brought up). Until I recently read a book on the history of Italy (quite enlightening to me) I was almost 100% ignorant of anything regarding Italy.

But where he came from.

He said he could see Pompeii / Mt. Vesuvius from where he lived.

Did any of you used to watch the TV show "Combat" with Vic Morrow in it?

One show he and were watching it together. All of a sudden they were coming in to a town which I thought was "Menlo". All of a sudden my father jumps out of his chair, saying. "Menlo! That is where I am from!". I've since search for a town in Italy called Menlo but have been unable to find anything.

In the past year I did buy the entire Combat series (new but extremely cheap) but have yet to watch any episodes.

Vinny
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:17 pm

vnatale wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:23 pm
dualstow wrote:
Close. He was Anthony and, of course, my middle name is Anthony. I used to say that if you were Italian it was either your first or middle name.

And, I don't even know where Abruzzi is. I always tell people that I'm genetically 100% Southern Italian but 100% culturally American (because of the way my sister and I were brought up). Until I recently read a book on the history of Italy (quite enlightening to me) I was almost 100% ignorant of anything regarding Italy.

But where he came from.

One show he and were watching it together. All of a sudden they were coming in to a town which I thought was "Menlo". All of a sudden my father jumps out of his chair, saying. "Menlo! That is where I am from!". I've since search for a town in Italy called Menlo but have been unable to find anything.

In the past year I did buy the entire Combat series (new but extremely cheap) but have yet to watch any episodes.

Vinny
I loved that show. I think you will enjoy it. You brought back a good memory for me. Thanks.
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:25 pm

Mountaineer wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:17 pm
vnatale wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:23 pm
dualstow wrote:

But where he came from.

Vinny
I loved that show. I think you will enjoy it. You brought back a good memory for me. Thanks.
I regularly watched it when it was on TV.

Gallant Men was also a World War II series playing at the same time as Combat. They always seemed to be the superior "war" TV series.

Vinny
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:52 pm

My memory of ‘Sopranos’ is fuzzy. I was going to say Sicily, but wiki says east of Naples.
(There’s an episode where Christopher is meant to visit).
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:46 pm

dualstow wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:52 pm
My memory of ‘Sopranos’ is fuzzy. I was going to say Sicily, but wiki says east of Naples.
(There’s an episode where Christopher is meant to visit).
Yea, the Sopranos (Anthony, and his cousin, Anthony) are from Naples. That's where they picked up Furio, leading to one of the most confusing love side-stories in pop culture. Why does Furio pine after aging bitch Carmela Soprano instead of all the hot young* chicks on the show?

* Epstein-relevant
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:41 pm

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:46 pm
Why does Furio pine after aging bitch Carmela Soprano instead of all the hot young* chicks on the show?

* Epstein-relevant
That's one of the many things that made Furio so interesting. Besides, Carmela's pretty cool, even though she's not as good looking as the actress who played Christopher's girlfriend.

I second Pug's compliment.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Sat May 22, 2021 12:54 pm

Two guards at a federal jail in New York City where accused sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein killed himself will avoid jail for falsifying records under a deal with prosecutors.
Tova Noel and Michael Thomas agreed to cooperate with a Justice Department review by providing information about their employment at the Bureau of Prisons, including about the events surrounding Epstein’s death, according to a letter from prosecutors filed Friday in New York federal court.
The guards failed to check on the 66-year-old fund manager for about eight hours, but instead sat at their desks, searching the internet for furniture and motorcycle sales and sports news, according to a 2019 indictment. They were supposed to check on Epstein every 30 minutes, but for two hours they didn’t move, “and appeared to have been asleep,” prosecutors said.
Noel and Thomas were accused of repeatedly signing false certifications claiming they conducted multiple counts of inmates.
Under the agreement, the guards will be subjected to supervised release for six months and will have to complete 100 hours of community service
link
Wow, plea deal of the century ;)
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Sat May 22, 2021 2:57 pm

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 12:54 pm
Two guards at a federal jail in New York City where accused sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein killed himself will avoid jail for falsifying records under a deal with prosecutors.
Tova Noel and Michael Thomas agreed to cooperate with a Justice Department review by providing information about their employment at the Bureau of Prisons, including about the events surrounding Epstein’s death, according to a letter from prosecutors filed Friday in New York federal court.
The guards failed to check on the 66-year-old fund manager for about eight hours, but instead sat at their desks, searching the internet for furniture and motorcycle sales and sports news, according to a 2019 indictment. They were supposed to check on Epstein every 30 minutes, but for two hours they didn’t move, “and appeared to have been asleep,” prosecutors said.
Noel and Thomas were accused of repeatedly signing false certifications claiming they conducted multiple counts of inmates.
Under the agreement, the guards will be subjected to supervised release for six months and will have to complete 100 hours of community service
link
Wow, plea deal of the century ;)
You would think that maybe, just maybe, when you had one of the most infamous criminals in the world who was very likely to try to off himself in prison, the guards would decide to actually do their jobs at least while he's in their care? If nothing else to avoid the front page of the papers?

I really hope that the possibility of them being paid off was seriously investigated.