Ross Ulbrecht and The Silk Road

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

moda0306
Executive Member
Executive Member

Ross Ulbrecht and The Silk Road

Post by moda0306 »

Has anyone here followed the trial/conviction/controversy around Ross Ulbricht? I only recently fell into it and it's one hell of a terrifying/fascinating story with lots of similarities to the whole Making a Murderer saga.

This should be far-more in covered than it is. I encourage everyone to do their own research.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Ross Ulbrecht and The Silk Road

Post by Kriegsspiel »

I read about it a long time ago, but I don't remember there being a controversy. IIRC he tried to hire a hitman who scammed him and the authorities eventually nabbed him at a library
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
moda0306
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by moda0306 »

Kriegsspiel wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:31 pm I read about it a long time ago, but I don't remember there being a controversy. IIRC he tried to hire a hitman who scammed him and the authorities eventually nabbed him at a library
You should do more research on it if you're so inclined. The "authorities" made that claim to limit his options and flexibility but not only was he not convicted of it but he wasn't even actually charged with it. He was given life in prison for money laundering, computer hacking, and conspiracy to traffic narcotics.

There's a lot of shadiness around the FBI's "investigation" of him as well.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel »

Is there anything recent at or should I be looking for older articles?
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
moda0306
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by moda0306 »

Kriegsspiel wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:56 pm Is there anything recent at or should I be looking for older articles?
Joe Rogan's interview with an advocate for him is very interesting. Alex Winter. He did a documentary on him that I'm enticed to see.

But that was from before he was sentenced.

There are videos of his mother on Youtube that are extremely interesting. I first heard about it on an obscure libertarian podcast called Free Man Beyond the Wall.

I'm still looking for really good sources.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

moda0306 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:30 pm Has anyone here followed the trial/conviction/controversy around Ross Ulbricht? I only recently fell into it and it's one hell of a terrifying/fascinating story with lots of similarities to the whole Making a Murderer saga.

This should be far-more in covered than it is. I encourage everyone to do their own research.
Haven’t looked since 2016, Cops as Criminals thread. He went to the same high school as Xan.
9pm EST Explosions in Iran (Isfahan) and Syria and Iraq. Not yet confirmed.
boglerdude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by boglerdude »

Dont make problems for the Feds and they wont make problems for you ;)