The Green New Deal

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

jacksonM
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: The Green New Deal

Post by jacksonM » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:00 pm

It just occurred to me that AOC and her socialist friends have come up with the perfect plan to reduce illegal immigration - transform the U.S.A. into one of the "s***hole" countries and nobody will want to come here any more.
User avatar
pugchief
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 2515
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:41 pm
Location: suburbs of Chicago, IL

Re: The Green New Deal

Post by pugchief » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:14 pm

jacksonM wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:00 pm
It just occurred to me that AOC and her socialist friends have come up with the perfect plan to reduce illegal immigration - transform the U.S.A. into one of the "s***hole" countries and nobody will want to come here any more.
;D

Scott Adams now thinks AOC is the de facto head of the Dem party, as all of the 2020 candidates have jumped on the GND bandwagon. Howard Schultz is correct, they are all out of touch with reality and need someone more moderate.
jacksonM
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: The Green New Deal

Post by jacksonM » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:41 pm

pugchief wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:14 pm
jacksonM wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:00 pm
It just occurred to me that AOC and her socialist friends have come up with the perfect plan to reduce illegal immigration - transform the U.S.A. into one of the "s***hole" countries and nobody will want to come here any more.
;D

Scott Adams now thinks AOC is the de facto head of the Dem party, as all of the 2020 candidates have jumped on the GND bandwagon. Howard Schultz is correct, they are all out of touch with reality and need someone more moderate.
Pat Buchanan sees the 2020 election shaping up as a replay of 1972 when the Dems nominated George McGovern and Nixon won all but one state and 61% of the popular vote.

That may be true this time around but I wouldn't be surprised some day in the future to wake up after an election to find out that a socialist candidate had been elected. Then I guess I would know how the Dems felt with Trump defeating Clinton - only worse. And I'll be glad I have my gold coins.
Last edited by jacksonM on Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:58 pm, edited 5 times in total.
User avatar
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 1294
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:28 pm
Location: Illinois

Re: The Green New Deal

Post by Cortopassi » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:17 pm

pugchief wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:14 pm
jacksonM wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:00 pm
It just occurred to me that AOC and her socialist friends have come up with the perfect plan to reduce illegal immigration - transform the U.S.A. into one of the "s***hole" countries and nobody will want to come here any more.
;D

Scott Adams now thinks AOC is the de facto head of the Dem party, as all of the 2020 candidates have jumped on the GND bandwagon. Howard Schultz is correct, they are all out of touch with reality and need someone more moderate.
GND?

I saw the Schultz interview on 60 minutes. I would vote for him. But it seems at least for the past couple presidents, no matter your goals or ideas, they get swallowed by the swamp.
User avatar
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 7656
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:18 am
Location: next to emotional support peacock
Contact:

Re: The Green New Deal

Post by dualstow » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:58 pm

GND is Green New Deal
today is treasury bond interest day
The monarch butterfly may go extinct 👣
User avatar
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 1294
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:28 pm
Location: Illinois

Re: The Green New Deal

Post by Cortopassi » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:47 pm

Duh. All I saw was Ground. Engineer in me.
User avatar
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 7656
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:18 am
Location: next to emotional support peacock
Contact:

Re: The Green New Deal

Post by dualstow » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:29 pm

Cortopassi wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:47 pm
Duh. All I saw was Ground. Engineer in me.
O0 Took me a while, too. I spend more time trying to figure out abbreviations than reading posts, sometimes. And this one is the title of the thread!
today is treasury bond interest day
The monarch butterfly may go extinct 👣
User avatar
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3709
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:54 am

Re: The Green New Deal

Post by Mountaineer » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:47 am

Darn TLAs! ;)
If man evolved from monkeys and apes, why do we still have monkeys and apes? Can an atheist get insurance against "Acts of God"? One nice thing about egotists: they don't talk about other people.
User avatar
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 1319
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:28 pm

Re: The Green New Deal

Post by Kriegsspiel » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:02 pm

Only a few prefer liberty-- the majority seek nothing more than fair masters.
- Gaius Sallustius Crispus
jacksonM
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: The Green New Deal

Post by jacksonM » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:29 pm

technovelist wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:09 pm
Fortunately there is no chance these insane proposals will be enacted.
I'm assuming that every one of these proposals will eventually be enacted in one form or another and it's only a matter of time. Do you have any evidence of failed socialist proposals to refute my belief? I don't mean that they don't work but that they eventually win their day in the sun, regardless of the harm they do.
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 4666
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: The Green New Deal

Post by technovelist » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:30 pm

jacksonM wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:29 pm
technovelist wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:09 pm
Fortunately there is no chance these insane proposals will be enacted.
I'm assuming that every one of these proposals will eventually be enacted in one form or another and it's only a matter of time. Do you have any evidence of failed socialist proposals to refute my belief? I don't mean that they don't work but that they eventually win their day in the sun, regardless of the harm they do.
I should have said that they won't be enacted any time soon.
Farther out, some of them may be enacted.
Post Reply