Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

bedraggled
Executive Member
Executive Member

"The Big Bang Theory" TV show

Post by bedraggled » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:25 am

A thought as this show ends soon:

The show has had astro-physicists Steven Hawking, Neil DeGrasse-Tyson and George Smoot, all PhDs, by the way, making cameo appearances.

With the November release of "Bohemian Rhapsody," the movie about Freddie Mercury and "Queen," I note that guitarist Brian May completed his PhD in astro-physics. He has published a book on The Big Bang, has collaborated with NASA, and is currently working in the investigation of deep space "dust." Apparently, this investigation helps discern more important objects out there. Dr. May is doing this while in his early 70s- he is 10 years older than I am and I'm retired.

Dr. May also plays a wicked guitar.

A question: Before filming concludes for this TV show in which noted physicists appear, how do I begin to advocate for this deserving physicist? The "Bohemian Rhapsody" movie could provide the impetus to get the ball rolling for this noble quest.
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: "The Big Bang Theory" TV show

Post by Libertarian666 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:14 am

bedraggled wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:25 am
A thought as this show ends soon:

The show has had astro-physicists Steven Hawking, Neil DeGrasse-Tyson and George Smoot, all PhDs, by the way, making cameo appearances.

With the November release of "Bohemian Rhapsody," the movie about Freddie Mercury and "Queen," I note that guitarist Brian May completed his PhD in astro-physics. He has published a book on The Big Bang, has collaborated with NASA, and is currently working in the investigation of deep space "dust." Apparently, this investigation helps discern more important objects out there. Dr. May is doing this while in his early 70s- he is 10 years older than I am and I'm retired.

Dr. May also plays a wicked guitar.

A question: Before filming concludes for this TV show in which noted physicists appear, how do I begin to advocate for this deserving physicist? The "Bohemian Rhapsody" movie could provide the impetus to get the ball rolling for this noble quest.
My mother recommended I watch that show.

I found it unwatchable. I've had enough first-hand experience with being a nerd that watching others go through it wasn't any fun.