Netflix UK is Boring and Prime Video just SUCKS!

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Marlb10
Associate Member
Associate Member

Netflix UK is Boring and Prime Video just SUCKS!

Post by Marlb10 »

Hi all.. I am pretty much finding Netflix UK content very boring now. No new movies, just all those shows again and again. The recent killing of marvel shows just pissed me off, first Luke Cage and Iron first and now DD is gone too. ;(

Tried Prime Video instead but the pricing method (all the movies, rents and buying of the movies just sucks) there are only a handful of content worth watching like Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan and few other shows. Movies are out dated and does not match my taste.

Any idea if I could use US netflix in UK via a vpn? Did anyone tried that? what are the chances of netflix detecting my proxy? Need help.

TIA
Last edited by Marlb10 on Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
l82start
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Netflix UK is Boring and Prime Video just SUCKS!

Post by l82start »

you can try googling "netflix secret codes", there is a list of movies/genres that wont show up on the lists they pick for you,
that can be found if you figure out how.. the algorithm they use to pick movies according to your tastes is useless and just pushes the same few movies (that they want to promote) over and over under ever possible category
-Government 2020+ - a BANANA REPUBLIC - if you can keep it

-Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence
jacksonM
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Netflix UK is Boring and Prime Video just SUCKS!

Post by jacksonM »

I have Amazon Prime mostly for the free shipping but not sure I would have it just for the Video. Having said that they are producing some very good original series of their own. Just a few that come to mind ... The Man in the High Castle, Jack Ryan, Goliath. Also heard Homecoming is pretty good but haven't started it yet. What I like about it is they release the whole season at once so you can binge watch without having to wait a week between episodes.

Also am using my daughter's Netflix account and they also have some good original series - River and Happy Valley were two that I particularly enjoyed.

I heard Netflix is going to be losing the rights to a lot of their streaming content so it looks like they are going to have keep producing more original content if they are going to keep up.