Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Fear is the mind-killer

Post by Libertarian666 »

vnatale wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:21 am
Libertarian666 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:55 am
vnatale wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:03 pm
Libertarian666 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:01 pm It's great to be young and know everything; I remember it well.

Now I'm old and I realize I don't know everything.

But I do know that having a solid financial position is very nice, not least because it lets you work on your own projects rather than having to work on someone else's.
But your not knowing certainly does NOT include politics and certain areas of investing! Or, at least that is the way you come across so confidently in stating your opinions in those areas...

Vinny
The fact that I have strong opinions on a number of topics doesn't mean that I think I know everything. I'm perfectly capable of making that distinction.
Tell me any differences between the following way I am going to describe myself and how you'd describe yourself......If I am confident in my knowledge regarding an issue then I quite strongly state my opinion. If I'm not confident in my knowledge then I am silent.

Vinny
The difference is that if I'm not confident in my knowledge I may say "I think this is the case but I don't have enough information to be certain."