the left is eating itself abortion split

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Re: the left is eating itself abortion split

Post by Xan »

dualstow wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:58 pm That actually happened with my wife’s family. Her mom had special permission to have a second child because she was in the military. For some reason, the Chinese authorities changed their minds *after* she was pregnant and asked her to abort! She chose not to, and gave birth to my future wife. I’m not clear on what the penalty was, but talk about a stressful pregnancy!

Kriegs: I’m all about wrongthink. It’s too late. O0
Wow! That's quite a story.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Crazy, right?
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Simonjester wrote: an interesting article that popped up in my in-box https://www.westernjournal.com/china-no ... -truth_org dealing with one child policy’s in china.
Interesting indeed. I knew about the surplus of bachelors and the aging population, but I never read before that the Chinese gov't "regrets" the decision (That word only appears in the title). Then again, I didn't realize the birth rate in China was currently so low.

As virtually everyone knows, the 1-child policy led to a lot of abortions because a lot of couples would keep trying until they got a son. In Taiwan, where there was no such policy, I met a lot of girls with a single son with tons of older sisters, which makes it a pretty cool island. In the mainland, not such a pretty picture.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer »

I've always marveled at how a lump of cells suitable only for the garbage can could be magically transformed into a real living breathing person via that magical brief trip down the birth canal and then become adept in just a few years at choosing what gender it is. :o
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.