Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Re: School Shootings

Post by Cortopassi » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:46 pm

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:09 am
This spring the U.S. Education Department reported that in the 2015-2016 school year, "nearly 240 schools ... reported at least 1 incident involving a school-related shooting." The number is far higher than most other estimates.

But NPR reached out to every one of those schools repeatedly over the course of three months and found that more than two-thirds of these reported incidents never happened.
https://www.npr.org/sections/ed/2018/08 ... hat-werent
So you have questions that are ambiguous, school districts that likely want to under-report, a government that doesn't know what it is doing, and a liberal news outlet (gasp?!) that did a story on how they are over-reported? I would imagine gun-owning conservatives are surprised at that!

And I am surprised the final number is anywhere near reality.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: School Shootings

Post by Kriegsspiel » Mon May 13, 2019 10:08 pm

There was another school shooting in Colorado recently. Initial reports are that 3 young men rushed the shooters and disarmed one, saving the lives of their classmates. One was shot and killed while the other two wrestled the gun away. A private security guard took down the other shooter.

One of the perpetrators, who I presume is destined for federal prison, is sticking with their claim of being a female-to-male transgender. IE, in 2019, an actual male who just happens to have a vagina, who would of course go to a prison filled with other men.

A bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for 'em.
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.