Moderator: Global Moderator

bitcoininthevp
Executive Member
Executive Member

JPMorgan Publishes The "Bitcoin Bible"

Post by bitcoininthevp » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:26 am

via zerohedge.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-02- ... coin-bible

I have not found the underlying "71 page JP Morgan document" so with a grain of salt.

Some notables:
We examine the potential role of CCs in terms of offering diversification in a global portfolio, given both their high returns over the past several years and their low correlation with the major asset classes, offsetting some of the cost of high volatility. If past returns, volatilities and correlations persist, CCs could potentially have a role in diversifying one’s global bond and equity portfolio. But in our view, that is a big if given the astronomic returns and volatilities of the past few years. If CCs survive the next few years and remain part of the global market, then they will likely have exited their current speculative phase and would then have more normal returns, volatilities (both much lower) and correlations (more like that of other zero-return assets such as gold and JPY). Based on its historical performance, CCs can be 10 times more volatile than core assets like stocks, or than portfolio hedges, like commodities. Liquidity is also well below most other potential hedges. Extraordinary returns can be generated in the price discovery phase, only to be followed by several years of mean-reversion toward the eventual, long-term average level. In the current market conditions, we do not believe that an allocation to Cryptocurrencies as insurance should be a portfolio’s main or only hedge. Note that even though CCs have improved risk-adjusted returns over the past several years, they have not prevented portfolio drawdown during periods of acute market stress, like the equity flash crashes of August 2015 and February 2018.
ochotona
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: JPMorgan Publishes The "Bitcoin Bible"

Post by ochotona » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:32 pm

Is there a service which can send me email alerts as popular CCs hit price milestones, cross their moving averages, hit new 52 week highs/ lows, etc.?
bitcoininthevp
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: JPMorgan Publishes The "Bitcoin Bible"

Post by bitcoininthevp » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:20 pm

ochotona wrote:Is there a service which can send me email alerts as popular CCs hit price milestones, cross their moving averages, hit new 52 week highs/ lows, etc.?
I dont use any such tool, so I cannot make a good recommendation here. Lots of tooling in the space. I see a bunch here:
https://www.google.com/search?q=crypto+ ... e&ie=UTF-8

Perhaps not quite as sophisticated as you outlined.