Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

farjean2
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: 2018

Post by farjean2 »

Maddy wrote:Good idea, WiseOne. . . but what on earth is "Life Hacking?" (I suspect I'm giving away my age.)
WiseOne can answer, but I think mostly little things, or at least things you never thought about, that can make life simpler.
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WiseOne »

There are lots of threads here on the general theme of how to do things creatively for cheaper/easier/etc. Like the wonderful threads on recipes, home building etc. Not so many of late though. Probably not a particularly useful category.

And Mountaineer I forgot: religion needs a category too!
Don
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Don »

Maddy wrote:
Benko wrote: You want to check out the forums at Longecity.org, particularly the subforum on biosense, health and nutrition.
Benko, thank you very much for that link! I'm not familiar with that forum but will happily spend some time this weekend looking at it. Are you a regular participant?

MG didn't seem much interested in pursuing the anti-aging box thing, as he took his latest sabatical from the forum shortly after the last mention. It would be great if he'd spearhead the discussion. It's a most fascinating topic.
MG left right after Reub was banned as I recall.
l82start
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by l82start »

while it sounds great to create a well defined group of sub categories, the unfortunate forum reality is that it tends to lead to a lot of "you posted this in the wrong place derails" and a lot of make work for moderators moving things into the "right" category which in a (smart) forum such as this is a virtual impossibility due to the naturally interrelated and free flowing nature of our discussions..
-Government 2020+ - a BANANA REPUBLIC - if you can keep it

-Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence