The Left is Eating Itself Pt. II

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: The Left is Eating Itself Pt. II

Post by Kriegsspiel » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:59 am

Thorough setup, Vinny, if a little drawn out. Now go for the punchline!
I hated all the things I had toiled for under the sun, because I must leave them to the one who comes after me. Who knows whether that person will be wise or foolish? Yet they will have control over all the fruit of my toil into which I have poured my effort and skill under the sun. . . Nothing is better for a man than to eat and drink and enjoy his work.
- Ecclesiastes
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:12 am

I don’t get it, Vinny. Is this chartered accountant humor?
Lenovo To Sell OEM Ubuntu PCs To the Public (Tom's Hardware)
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:54 am

a.jpg
a.jpg (20.26 KiB) Viewed 233 times
“My natural state is an outsider, and no matter what group I'm in or where I am, I've always felt like I'm outside the group, and I've always been analyzing the group.” - Michael Burry
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:21 am

dualstow wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:12 am
That someone with such an education and present job could engage in such activities! Do you agree he'd NOT fit the stereotype of who you'd expect?

Vinny
"I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats."
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by technovelist » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:32 am

vnatale wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:21 am
dualstow wrote:
That someone with such an education and present job could engage in such activities! Do you agree he'd NOT fit the stereotype of who you'd expect?

Vinny
TDS knows no distinction of race or occupation.
Of course I'm not saying you would act violently, but you yourself are a perfect example of a TDS victim.
Another nod to the most beautiful equation: e + 1 = 0
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:42 am

technovelist wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:32 am
vnatale wrote:
dualstow wrote:

Vinny
Of course I'm not saying you would act violently, but you yourself are a perfect example of a TDS victim.
I can assure you that the majority of people with his education and type job tend to lean far more to the conservative side than the liberal side.

With C-Span being my primary source of information - a source which is BY FAR the most balanced of any source of information ANYWHERE - where did I catch the infection which led to me contracting this disease?

As I prior stated, on election night Trump's words after his victory did not disturb me. It was only afterwards when the evidence came in of how he was going to govern (between Election and Inauguration) and how he actually did govern.

Vinny
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by technovelist » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:57 am

vnatale wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:42 am
technovelist wrote:
vnatale wrote:
dualstow wrote:

Vinny
I can assure you that the majority of people with his education and type job tend to lean far more to the conservative side than the liberal side.

With C-Span being my primary source of information - a source which is BY FAR the most balanced of any source of information ANYWHERE - where did I catch the infection which led to me contracting this disease?

As I prior stated, on election night Trump's words after his victory did not disturb me. It was only afterwards when the evidence came in of how he was going to govern (between Election and Inauguration) and how he actually did govern.

Vinny
What exactly has Trump done as President that makes you oppose him?

I mean actual governmental acts only. Not tweets, speeches, or any other commentary. Just things like signing legislation, executive orders, or the like.
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:34 am

vnatale wrote:
dualstow wrote:

Vinny
Having lived in Portland for twenty years, I can tell you that that pedigree produced EXACTLY the stereotype I would have expected. Those Universities churn out nothing but.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:38 am

Mark Leavy wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:34 am
vnatale wrote:
dualstow wrote:

Vinny
Having lived in Portland for twenty years, I can tell you that that pedigree produced EXACTLY the stereotype I would have expected. Those Universities churn out nothing but.
Mark,
Is your avatar a tomahawk steak? Looks delicious. However, if that is the cut, it will soon be renamed as soon as the self-righteous thugs see it. ;)
Last edited by Mountaineer on Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Its OK if some people don’t like you, not everyone has good taste.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:38 am

technovelist wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:57 am
vnatale wrote:
technovelist wrote:
vnatale wrote:
dualstow wrote:

Vinny

Vinny

I mean actual governmental acts only. Not tweets, speeches, or any other commentary. Just things like signing legislation, executive orders, or the like.
Before answering that directly I don't want to put my trust in someone who has revealed himself to be:

of low integrity

not an information consumer

not a reader

not analytical

always puts his interests ahead of the country's

poor judge of character (all the turnover in his administration plus all the indictments and convictions of those he hired)

poor impulse control

questionable intelligence (albeit high intelligence in certain dimensions of intelligence but not the dimensions of intelligence which most matter in his present job)

It adds up to about the opposite of the ideal person you'd want in his position.

I'll first do my research and get back to you to directly answering your question. I don't want to give a top of the head answer to that.

But I know you are a formidable intellectual opponent. Anything I bring up that I oppose you will find something to show that somehow I'm mis-interpreting or that is not what he meant or he was mis-quoted or taken out of context. But as I wrote that those all seem to fit in with what you described above as "Not".

I will give you a direct answer. Just not right now. In the middle of other things.

Vinny
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:44 am

Mountaineer wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:38 am
Mark,
Is your avatar a tomahawk steak? Looks delicious. However, if that is the cut, it will soon be renamed as soon as the self-righteous thugs see it. ;)
It is. I only order them when I am eating one meal every other day. That one was in Catania, Sicily.
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by technovelist » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:59 am

vnatale wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:38 am
technovelist wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:57 am
vnatale wrote:
technovelist wrote:
vnatale wrote:
dualstow wrote:

Vinny

Vinny

Before answering that directly I don't want to put my trust in someone who has revealed himself to be:

of low integrity

not an information consumer

not a reader

not analytical

always puts his interests ahead of the country's

poor judge of character (all the turnover in his administration plus all the indictments and convictions of those he hired)

poor impulse control

questionable intelligence (albeit high intelligence in certain dimensions of intelligence but not the dimensions of intelligence which most matter in his present job)

It adds up to about the opposite of the ideal person you'd want in his position.

I'll first do my research and get back to you to directly answering your question. I don't want to give a top of the head answer to that.

But I know you are a formidable intellectual opponent. Anything I bring up that I oppose you will find something to show that somehow I'm mis-interpreting or that is not what he meant or he was mis-quoted or taken out of context. But as I wrote that those all seem to fit in with what you described above as "Not".

I will give you a direct answer. Just not right now. In the middle of other things.

Vinny
Sure, take your time; I realize that you have other things to do too.
I'll wait to see what you come up with on governmental acts he has committed as President.