Moderator: Global Moderator

dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: The Left is Eating Itself Pt. II

Post by dualstow » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:48 am

pp4me wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:31 pm
The rationale seems to have something to do with racial profiling so I have to ask, how does wearing a mask prevent racial profiling? Seems to me if blacks don't wear masks and whites do that makes it even easier to racially profile. So what am I missing?
Everything but the headline. O0
The premise is that blacks are being “forced” to look dangerous to whites, which will in turn endanger blacks in a more immediate way than coronavirus. Of course the other side is arguing that it’s just a way to get blacks infected while protecting whites. Stupidity all around.
If black people aren't required to wear masks and you see a black man wearing a mask why wouldn't you be more suspicious rather than less?
That’s a valid point. I guess the crazy people who came up with this are convinced that black people in masks are in trouble no matter what the law or scenario is, so they have the option to look scary and be safe from the virus or look less suspicious and expose themselves to the virus. They get to pick their poison. ::)

Edit: typos only
Last edited by dualstow on Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Herman Cain says the virus is under control and there’s nothing to be concerned about
l82start
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by l82start » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:36 am

the only logical solution to having a law that allows black people to not wear masks, and to be exposing themselves to the virus, is to have racially designated drinking fountains, restaurant seating etc. how else are you going to avoid people of other colors from contracting it?

::)
“The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary.”

Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:42 am

I think the exemption applies to all non-whites.
Right down to Liz Warren!
Herman Cain says the virus is under control and there’s nothing to be concerned about
pugchief
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pugchief » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:36 am

l82start wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:36 am
the only logical solution to having a law that allows black people to not wear masks, and to be exposing themselves to the virus, is to have racially designated drinking fountains, restaurant seating etc. how else are you going to avoid people of other colors from contracting it?

::)
You know, if masks work and then the COVID infection rate goes up for POC in this county, then the government will be declared racist and owe reparations!
pugchief
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pugchief » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:04 am

Petition asks Trader Joe's to change its 'racist' food packaging

@Cortopassi: You are Italian, your wife is Chinese. Were you guys ever offended by the logo Trader Giotto or Trader Ming? I know that my Chinese daughter in law is not.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:10 am

pugchief wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:04 am

@Cortopassi: You are Italian, your wife is Chinese. Were you guys ever offended by the logo Trader Giotto or Trader Ming? I know that my Chinese daughter in law is not.
oh dear lord 🙄
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by sophie » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:13 am

Hilarious.

Next thing you know, labeling restaurants as "Italian" or "Chinese" or "Thai" is going to be considered racist. Regional cuisines will no longer be allowed to exist then, I guess. Wonder how that will go over among the soul food restaurants in Harlem.
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by technovelist » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:11 am

pugchief wrote:

Was there ever a slave trader named Joe? If so, they will have to change their company name!
Another nod to the most beautiful equation: e + 1 = 0
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:16 am

sophie wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:13 am
Hilarious.

Next thing you know, labeling restaurants as "Italian" or "Chinese" or "Thai" is going to be considered racist. Regional cuisines will no longer be allowed to exist then, I guess. Wonder how that will go over among the soul food restaurants in Harlem.
I remember restaurants shut down because the owner was the wrong ethnicity. Two white women set up Mexican place after studying their asses off and yes, maybe they were a little flippant when joking about peeking through the windows of housewives to gain recipes. Still, imagine going through all the work to set up a restaurant and then closing because of the charge of cultural appropriation.

These same people, the pitchfork and torch mob, don’t mind a Chinese-run Korean restaurant, perhaps because at least it’s Asians who are vaguely people of color. Close enough. That’s not racist at all. O0

The charge of “exoticism” in the Joe’s article above is particularly ridiculous. Since when is it a crime to find exotic cultures exotic, and why is that mutually exclusive from respecting those cultures?
pugchief
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pugchief » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:29 am

dualstow wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:16 am
sophie wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:13 am
Hilarious.

I remember restaurants shut down because the owner was the wrong ethnicity. Two white women set up Mexican place after studying their asses off and yes, maybe they were a little flippant when joking about peeking through the windows of housewives to gain recipes. Still, imagine going through all the work to set up a restaurant and then closing because of the charge of cultural appropriation.

These same people, the pitchfork and torch mob, don’t mind a Chinese-run Korean restaurant, perhaps because at least it’s Asians who are vaguely people of color. Close enough. That’s not racist at all. O0

The charge of “exoticism” in the Joe’s article above is particularly ridiculous. Since when is it a crime to find exotic cultures exotic, and why is that mutually exclusive from respecting those cultures?
A friend of mine who is a Japanese native is a French trained chef and operates a French restaurant in a nearby suburb. Guess how many people think there is something wrong with this. (Hint: zero)
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:34 am

pugchief wrote:

We are not, but I see where you are going.

If you guys aren’t or haven’t watched the Trump Wallace interview, I am now, I see a sweaty guy who still cannot say anything unifying.
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by sophie » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:38 am

I've been to plenty of ethnic restaurants of all kinds in NYC at which the servers and line cooks are mostly Hispanic. Nobody cares as long as the food is good - at least until now. And, does that mean that a Thai restaurant can't employ a black server?

All of which goes to show that the leftist narrative is inherently contradictory and illogical. There was a really strange article in today's WSJ which unfortunately didn't allow comments, or I'd have written one for sure. It stated a long list of studies demonstrating that working from home is more efficient than working from the office (productivity goes up), then stated several pieces of evidence that people prefer working from home, and then concluded that most workers are really really wanting to go back to working at the office. HUH?????

https://blogs.wsj.com/cio/2020/07/12/re ... pos6&dsk=y