Re: The Left is Eating Itself Pt. II

Post by dualstow » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:18 pm

Maddy wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:55 am
dualstow wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:45 am
Speaking of Yale
https://www.reddit.com/r/BillBurr/comme ... ents_bill/
I'm getting the sense that trade school might be a better, less painful, choice for these young people.

Definitely a better choice, although they don't realize it.
TLT HITS NEW 52-WK HIGH
pugchief
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pugchief » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:45 pm

Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:25 pm

Pug, there wasn't a link in your post; I added one that seemed to be appropriate.
pugchief
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pugchief » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:29 pm

How bizarre, yes that was the link. Also a line of text disappered:

Students hate Trump State of the Union quotes...until hearing they're from 2020 Dems
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:55 pm

pugchief wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:29 pm
How bizarre, yes that was the link. Also a line of text disappered:

Students hate Trump State of the Union quotes...until hearing they're from 2020 Dems
I took that out; I thought it was a mistake for it to be there both normally and as the link text. But you can edit however you like.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:03 pm

TLT HITS NEW 52-WK HIGH
boglerdude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by boglerdude » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:19 pm

Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:26 am

dualstow wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:03 pm
Sad O0
The kid's responses after they were told it was democrats saying those things were generally well thought out, and they did not say, oh, well now that quote is fine. They used words like hypocritical, and noticed quickly that they were biased themselves.

So I didn't see anything wrong.

Vocally, I think Trump did much better than usual. And when you listen to his accomplishments, there's definitely a "dammit, he has done a lot" sense I am sure going through democrats' minds.

I just go back to something I've asked and wondered many times before: could he have done what he's done without all the bluster and bullying and demeaning?

The democrats only hope now, unfortunately, is he goes off the deep end thinking he can do anything (even more) or that the economy blows up. I think they have a better than 50/50 chance that the economy implodes and he wont'be able to use that as a point in Nov.
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by sophie » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:40 am

That is BRILLIANT. Also shows the effects of the media's relentless brainwashing. If you REALLY listen to the things that Trump says (instead of what someone says he said, and then what that someone tells you what you should think about it), I find them to be often quite rational and refreshing. Yes, it is sometimes couched in language that makes me squirm, but that wasn't the case last night.

Is anyone else enjoying the spectacle of the Iowa caucus results? Well enjoy maybe not...I do feel bad for Iowans who turned out to cast votes that may never be counted. But I do find it hilarious that the app was developed by the aptly named "Shadow Inc" linked to Hilary Clinton. Not a few commentators have pointed out that after all the angst about Russian interference and how Trump is somehow destroying our democracy, the Democrats now give us this fiasco.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:37 am

sophie wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:40 am

Is anyone else enjoying the spectacle of the Iowa caucus results?
What I am glad of is this finally opened my eyes to the joke of Iowa, 92% white, still being the first place that campaigns need to go to. I hope that will be changing. All 50 states should go at the same time. Why should Iowa and New Hampshire dictate so much on who becomes the candidate? Conversely why should some state be last? The process is screwed up.

And why do we vote on Tuesday? Really, why not a Saturday? By default that would get more people out to vote.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:53 am

Cortopassi wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:26 am
The kids' responses after they were told it was democrats saying those things were generally well thought out, and they did not say, oh, well now that quote is fine. They used words like hypocritical, and noticed quickly that they were biased themselves.

So I didn't see anything wrong.
While they didn't say "that quote is fine", what I heard was a lot of, Well, we all say things from time to time, either mistakes or things that get taken out of context. I wonder, if they had reversed this experiment and said, "Surprise, these quotes are all from Trump" would there be any response other than "Oh, that makes sense, because Trump is a racist pig."

I did like it when the kid said, "Twitter has radicalized me to the left more than I would otherwise be." Truth!
TLT HITS NEW 52-WK HIGH
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by technovelist » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:45 pm

sophie wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:40 am
That is BRILLIANT. Also shows the effects of the media's relentless brainwashing. If you REALLY listen to the things that Trump says (instead of what someone says he said, and then what that someone tells you what you should think about it), I find them to be often quite rational and refreshing. Yes, it is sometimes couched in language that makes me squirm, but that wasn't the case last night.

Is anyone else enjoying the spectacle of the Iowa caucus results? Well enjoy maybe not...I do feel bad for Iowans who turned out to cast votes that may never be counted. But I do find it hilarious that the app was developed by the aptly named "Shadow Inc" linked to Hilary Clinton. Not a few commentators have pointed out that after all the angst about Russian interference and how Trump is somehow destroying our democracy, the Democrats now give us this fiasco.
I'm shocked, shocked! That the DNC is cheating Bernie again.
I have absolutely no love for Bernie, of course, as he is a commie.
But he should get his chance to be flattened by Trump in the general election this fall.