The Left is Eating Itself Pt. II

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: The Left is Eating Itself Pt. II

Post by dualstow » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:03 am

I have done a great deal of research on hate crimes in America, and the tragically underreported fact is that an enormous number of such incidents reported over the past decades turn out to have been hoaxes.
- Wilfred Reilly

https://www.commentarymagazine.com/arti ... ey-happen/

(I didn’t read the whole thing. Too long).
ipo today
Venezuela’s Gold is Vanishing into Africa
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:27 pm

Tim Pool has been a tear lately.

This video talks about Matt Yglesias (Vox) congratulating the progressive media on misleading people (mostly Democrats, obviously) about their taxes.
Only a few prefer liberty-- the majority seek nothing more than fair masters.
- Gaius Sallustius Crispus
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:31 pm

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-con ... l/788/text

Section 6 would presumably modify the law to make it illegal to bar anyone identifying as a female to play female sports in a public school. They literally had a radical feminist there to claim that if they pass this bill, "women's rights will be abolished, and every right that women fought for will cease to exist." LOL

Which college is going to be first? :D
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by sophie » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:17 am

I've wondered what effect the transgender craze will have on Olympic women's competition. If a (former) man could get classified as a women, he'd have a huge advantage in most sports, everything from skiing to running to figure skating. I'd be surprised if no one's figured that out yet. I can't wait to see what happens the first time a transgender wins a gold medal in a women's competition.
moda0306
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by moda0306 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:34 am

sophie wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:17 am
I've wondered what effect the transgender craze will have on Olympic women's competition. If a (former) man could get classified as a women, he'd have a huge advantage in most sports, everything from skiing to running to figure skating. I'd be surprised if no one's figured that out yet. I can't wait to see what happens the first time a transgender wins a gold medal in a women's competition.
Hopefully, the one good thing this tranny movement brings about is bringing down the massive sports-industrial complex. It'll be worth it if it does.

Then individuals can be free to choose what type of environment they want to compete, in a much more decentralized and non-state-dependent models that hopefully are no longer utter leeches on our collective attention.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:29 am

That’s a great question, Sophie. I can’t see trans women being recognized by theocracies or, despite its past use of hormones for female competitors, the Sovi- Russia. It will be hotly contested.
ipo today
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:48 am

moda0306 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:34 am
sophie wrote:
Hopefully, the one good thing this tranny movement brings about is bringing down the massive sports-industrial complex. It'll be worth it if it does.

Then individuals can be free to choose what type of environment they want to compete, in a much more decentralized and non-state-dependent models that hopefully are no longer utter leeches on our collective attention.
It won't bring down the entire thing, only the female's side.
pugchief
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pugchief » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:11 am

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:48 am
moda0306 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:34 am
sophie wrote:

It won't bring down the entire thing, only the female's side.
Does anyone watch the WNBA anyway? ::)
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:24 am

Maybe they would if a bunch of dudes were playing in it.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:19 am

Library books written by white people are taking up too much space
https://sleung.wordpress.com/2019/04/15 ... ssion=true
ipo today
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by sophie » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:03 am

Just when you thought you knew who will be the most viable Democratic candidates:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-BBW7KnG
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:32 am

sophie wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:03 am
Just when you thought you knew who will be the most viable Democratic candidates:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-BBW7KnG
Mr. Johnson, a 27-year-old law student, said the large field was a great equalizer, and “if at the end of it we get an old white guy, someone who represents the status quo, it’ll be because they’ve proven themselves.”

Ms. Neal, a dental hygienist, made an agonized face at Mr. Johnson, her boyfriend. Wouldn’t something be lost, she asked, if the historically diverse slate of 2020 Democrats was passed over?

“Personally, I’d love to see a woman,” Ms. Neal, also 27, said at the event on Thursday night. “If people are being catty and holding gender or race against a candidate, it would break my heart.”
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D