Re: The Left is Eating Itself Pt. II

Post by Mountaineer » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:01 pm

jacksonM wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:00 pm
Mountaineer wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:59 pm
jacksonM wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:14 am
I wonder how long it will be before we have "Human Rights Tribunals" for this sort of thing like they have in Canada.

If this ever does come to the U.S.A I think they are going to need a lot of judges because those courts will be very busy.
Your statement reminds me of something I heard recently: If the people in the US continue down the road of no external authority, whether God or civil law, is valued, i.e "self is all important, to hell with those who disagree with me" and morality goes by the wayside, it is not possible to have sufficient numbers of police to maintain order. Chaos will reign supreme.
I think I know what "external authority" you have in mind and frankly I don't think it has much guidance to offer in these troubling times. Re: the most troubling and chaotic time in our nation's history - the civil war. Of what help was the external authority in resolving the question of slavery? None, I think. Both sides quoted it with equal fervor. I think you could say the same thing about the controversy of scrotum waxing. We know the almighty is against boiling a kid in it's mother's milk but we don't really have any specific guidance on this subject.

I do agree with your basic point however. I don't view it in the context of End Time Biblical prophecy as you probably do but yes it's troubling. When I hear the Dems say "nobody is above the law" when talking about Trump I think immediately of illegal immigration. And that's another issue where you can quote scripture and make your point either way.
Actually I meant "external authority" in the broadest sense (like what I described in the i.e. " "). In the case of the Civil War, the soldiers followed the external authority of their commanders or were likely shot. If one chooses to operate only on what they personally think is right (they themselves being THE source of authority) all we are left with is chaos. A society, in order to function, must have some commonly held source of external authority be it police, civil laws, a dictator, a tyrant, or God's law. I see the US slipping away from that external authority - e.g. hooligans who dump water on police and laugh; drivers who run red lights, stop signs and cut others off in traffic; illegals who swarm to cross the border with little consequence; and lastly those who boil their kids in its mother's milk (just kidding - pun intended - on that one since we don't live in the Jewish theocracy of a couple thousand years ago). AFWIW, I'm not really in to End Times stuff; that's more for the fundie TV preachers who are looking to buy a new jet.
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:37 pm

White Democrats Are Resigning Following Diversity Scandal And Demands
Tim Pool wrote:Far left ideology and intersectionality are becoming pervasive within the Democratic Party to the extent that several white democrats have resigned from senior positions at the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee over demands for more diversity. One woman Allison Jaslow even went on to say she must bow out to help the mission.
;D
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:39 pm

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:37 pm
White Democrats Are Resigning Following Diversity Scandal And Demands
Tim Pool wrote:Far left ideology and intersectionality are becoming pervasive within the Democratic Party to the extent that several white democrats have resigned from senior positions at the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee over demands for more diversity. One woman Allison Jaslow even went on to say she must bow out to help the mission.
;D
Should we all just step onto an ice floe and go away? Am I white enough to join? I should really confirm that in advance.
RIP Marcello Gandini
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:09 pm

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:37 pm
I'm sure this isn't the first case of TDS that has manifested in auditory hallucinations. Fascinating stuff.
Another auditory hallucination.

This one is actually more severe than the Georgia one. This reporter actually linked to a short video of Trump, but heard him say the exact opposite of what he says in the video. He must have listened to the clip multiple times, but his disease distorted his perception of reality. Fascinating.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:48 am

Simonjester wrote:
dualstow wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:39 pm
Kriegsspiel wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:37 pm
(video) White Democrats Are Resigning Following Diversity Scandal And Demands
Should we all just step onto an ice floe and go away? Am I white enough to join? I should really confirm that in advance.
ice flows are for Eskimos Inuit peoples, way to "cultural appropriation "... you may be white enough.. ;)
hah! O0
RIP Marcello Gandini
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:54 pm

RIP Marcello Gandini
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:52 pm

It feels like just yesterday when everyone I knew was laughing about Clayton Bigsby, Black White Supremacist. Then I realize, holy shit, that was 15 years ago.

VITA BREVIS
ARS LONGA
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:55 am

MangoMan wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:39 am
And in other news:
Black journalist essentially calls for return to segregation

MLK would be rolling in his grave. :'(
I read it. Whew, that was a trip down the rabbit hole.
Simonjester wrote: yesterday was the day i suddenly realized i can no longer tell satire and parody from reality...

https://steadfastandloyal.com/politics/ ... l-warming/
I don’t know if this is necessarily the left, but the rest of the thread title has gone literal. Wow!
Simonjester wrote: LOL i just posted that link without realizing the thread title became literal.. that is awesome... O0

coming soon the "soylent green new deal"..
RIP Marcello Gandini
ochotona
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by ochotona » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:22 pm

Warren just came out and said she would ban fracking... she just lost any hopes of flipping Texas blue.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:22 pm

She also wants to expand DACA and Temporary Protected Status, decriminalize illegal immigration, expand legal immigration, and take 5x more refugees than we do now. I would have to guess her hope is in all those people who don't live there yet.
moda0306
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by moda0306 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:48 am

MangoMan wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:13 am
Kriegsspiel wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:22 pm
She also wants to expand DACA and Temporary Protected Status, decriminalize illegal immigration, expand legal immigration, and take 5x more refugees than we do now. I would have to guess her hope is in all those people who don't live there yet.
Candidates tend to lean farther from center in the primaries and then move more to the middle in the general election, but she is so far from the center there's no coming back. I can't imagine most mainstream Dem voters think any of this stuff is a good idea.
These don’t appear to be particularly that far-left positions to me. Maybe “modestly left” and perhaps unpopular.

The wall itself has a 30-some percent approval rating if I remember correctly. So apparently unpopular positions can be floated and people still easily win.
shekels
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by shekels » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:31 am

moda0306 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:48 am
MangoMan wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:13 am
Kriegsspiel wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:22 pm
Candidates tend to lean farther from center in the primaries and then move more to the middle in the general election, but she is so far from the center there's no coming back. I can't imagine most mainstream Dem voters think any of this stuff is a good idea.
These don’t appear to be particularly that far-left positions to me. Maybe “modestly left” and perhaps unpopular.

The wall itself has a 30-some percent approval rating if I remember correctly. So apparently unpopular positions can be floated and people still easily win.
I am very skeptical when you hear stats like this, 30% here 60 % there.
I have got to wonder how believable a firm that puts these stats together, and how Biased they are and what is their agenda.
As I recall Hillary was leading Trump in the "POLLS" .
If there is still a Silent Majority the pollsters would have not gotten their desired outcome as many People are NOT going to divulge that information in this day of Fascist Doxxing.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:50 pm

From Warren's website: https://elizabethwarren.com/issues#latest-announcements
Decriminalize migration and refocus enforcement on serious criminal activity. Entering the country without authorization has always been a violation of civil immigration law, but thanks to a former segregationist Senator, it’s also a criminal violation. This additional criminal provision is totally unnecessary for border security, and for a century, it was rarely enforced. But since the early 2000s, it has been used to build and sustain a massive immigration detention complex. In 2016, over half of all federal criminal prosecutions were for immigration violations — more than prosecutions for terrorism, organized crime, hate crimes, or financial fraud.

This is something I've never considered and I would suspect is used to great effect to scare Americans. Illegal immigration will still break civil laws, just not criminal.

Assuming her statements are correct that for 100 years it was never enforced anyway, what's the concern? Why have laws on the books that aren't enforced? Do we want to waste resources criminally prosecution immigrants?

Just asking.

I have to say, about the only issues that I disagree with her on are climate change and free college/loan forgiveness
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:53 pm

Cortopassi wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:50 pm
This additional criminal provision is totally unnecessary for border security, and for a century, it was rarely enforced. But since the early 2000s, it has been used to build and sustain a massive immigration detention complex. In 2016, over half of all federal criminal prosecutions were for immigration violations — more than prosecutions for terrorism, organized crime, hate crimes, or financial fraud
There's certainly been some hyperbole on the right with regard to immigration. It's not World War Z out there, and it's not like they're gangs of rapists or barbarians at the gate. But, one can't ignore the sheer volume of new immigration, and immigration attempts.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigrati ... ee_numbers

Most of us are the descendants of immigrants and of course if you don't count the original colonists, pretty much all of us are. Can we handle everyone seeking asylum now? Apparently even the processing facilities are overwhelmed. Long-term absorption? I don't know. My Italian buddy says he doesn't go to his city center in northern Italy anymore. There's a lot of immigration and not a lot of assimilation keeping pace there.
RIP Marcello Gandini
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:57 pm

dualstow wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:53 pm
Cortopassi wrote:
This additional criminal provision is totally unnecessary for border security, and for a century, it was rarely enforced. But since the early 2000s, it has been used to build and sustain a massive immigration detention complex. In 2016, over half of all federal criminal prosecutions were for immigration violations — more than prosecutions for terrorism, organized crime, hate crimes, or financial fraud
There's certainly been some hyperbole on the right with regard to immigration. It's not World War Z out there, and it's not like they're gangs of rapists or barbarians at the gate. But, one can't ignore the sheer volume of new immigration, and immigration attempts.
In some places it might feel more like that than others:

"U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement says Montgomery County violated its own jail policy last week when it released an undocumented immigrant accused of rape despite an immigration detainer on file." link
"Two undocumented immigrants are accused of raping an 11-year-old girl on different occasions" link
"An illegal immigrant in Maryland is alleged to have crawled into the bed of a teenage girl while she was taking a nap and placed a knife against her throat before proceeding to rape her, according to authorities." link
"Another illegal immigrant has been charged with rape in a Maryland county with an infamous, crime-ridden history as a sanctuary jurisdiction." link
"A Honduran national in the United States illegally has been accused of raping his 15-year-old stepdaughter in suburban Maryland, the seventh such case in the area over the past five weeks." link
"A Nigerian national has been charged in Montgomery County, Maryland, for rape, marking the eighth illegal alien to be charged with rape or another sexual crime in the county since July 25. . . News of the arrest marks the latest rape or sexual charge by an illegal alien in Montgomery County since County Executive Marc Elrich signed a “sanctuary” order in July that largely forbids local authorities from cooperating with federal immigration authorities." link

"Six of the seven people arrested this month for a murder in July in Towson are members of the violent street gang MS-13 and were in the country illegally" link

There's also this site, which tracks sexual assaults of children by illegal immigrants in North Carolina.
My Italian buddy says he doesn't go to his city center in northern Italy anymore. There's a lot of immigration and not a lot of assimilation keeping pace there.
Hey that's not fair, I thought we were only talking about the US here!
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:32 pm

dualstow wrote:
Most of us are the descendants of immigrants...
Not sure about anyone else, but my ancestors were legal immigrants, which is a different topic. Why conflate the two?
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:40 pm

flyingpylon wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:32 pm
dualstow wrote:
Most of us are the descendants of immigrants...
Not sure about anyone else, but my ancestors were legal immigrants, which is a different topic. Why conflate the two?
A valid point. Mine, too. However, the argument can be made that some can’t afford to go the legal route if they want to make it. From our side of it, that does not mean that we should necessarily let them in or put them before those who do apply legally.

My great-grandparents (and one grandparent) had many hardships to overcome both before coming here and after arriving. One side spoke nine languages, but not English. So they learned English. The one grandparent was fleeing persecution. Still, as I’ve written elsewhere, I don’t think everyone fleeing the machetes of Honduras can go the legal route.

it’s not about conflating the two. It’s just very far from the point.
RIP Marcello Gandini
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:41 pm

Shoot, I didn’t see your post, kriegs. I’ll have to get to it tomorrow. Handmaid’s Tale awaits...
RIP Marcello Gandini
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:34 am

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:57 pm
dualstow wrote:
Cortopassi wrote:
This additional criminal provision is totally unnecessary for border security,
There's certainly been some hyperbole on the right with regard to immigration. It's not World War Z out there, and it's not like they're gangs of rapists
In some places it might feel more like that than others:

"U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement says Montgomery County violated its own jail policy last week when it released an undocumented immigrant accused of rape despite an immigration detainer on file." link
"Two undocumented immigrants are accused of raping an 11-year-old girl on different occasions" link
"An illegal immigrant in Maryland is alleged to have crawled into the bed of a teenage girl while she was taking a nap and placed a knife against her throat before proceeding to rape her, according to authorities." link
"Another illegal immigrant has been charged with rape in a Maryland county with an infamous, crime-ridden history as a sanctuary jurisdiction." link
"A Honduran national in the United States illegally has been accused of raping his 15-year-old stepdaughter in suburban Maryland, the seventh such case in the area over the past five weeks." link
"A Nigerian national has been charged in Montgomery County, Maryland, for rape, marking the eighth illegal alien to be charged with rape or another sexual crime in the county since July 25. . . News of the arrest marks the latest rape or sexual charge by an illegal alien in Montgomery County since County Executive Marc Elrich signed a “sanctuary” order in July that largely forbids local authorities from cooperating with federal immigration authorities." link

"Six of the seven people arrested this month for a murder in July in Towson are members of the violent street gang MS-13 and were in the country illegally" link

There's also this site, which tracks sexual assaults of children by illegal immigrants in North Carolina.

Hey that's not fair, I thought we were only talking about the US here!
Yeah. There’s also the infamous mass street assaults by fresh *legal* immigrants in Germany. (Oops, there I go, venturing out of the U.S. again).

The closer you are to this, the more strongly you must feel. I’m not in El Paso, nor in the hinterlands of Alaska. If any of the above happened to a loved one of mine, I’d throw the statistics out the window. How could I not.

For now, though, I’d like to know the percentage of illegal immigrants who are committing these crimes. I still think most of them are keeping our restaurant industry and other parts of the economy running. (Nonetheless, if I could wave a magic wand, they’d be back home).

I’d also like to see stats on that % relative to the rest of us, we the naturalized and descendants of the naturalized. Maybe moda could make those up find them or already has them.

You never hear about the sharks that swim close to shore and don’t bother anyone. O0
RIP Marcello Gandini
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:43 am

One assault or rape is too many.

But like dualstow says, what's the percentage? Below is a recent yearly total. This happens a lot. Crazy.

Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:08 am

A) I have lost my faith in statistics like that. Even one of the cases I linked to, it seemed to me like a chick banged an illegal alien when she was drunk, then regretted it later and claimed he raped her.

and B) since they're illegal aliens, we don't exactly know how many there are, so how can we calculate accurate base rates?
dualstow wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:34 am
Yeah. There’s also the infamous mass street assaults by fresh *legal* immigrants in Germany. (Oops, there I go, venturing out of the U.S. again).

The closer you are to this, the more strongly you must feel. I’m not in El Paso, nor in the hinterlands of Alaska. If any of the above happened to a loved one of mine, I’d throw the statistics out the window. How could I not.
The situation I would have referenced is the Muslim rape gangs in northern England, who are legal immigrants as far as I know. As insane as it sounds, it was determined that the police and community knew there was a huge organization of Muslims gang raping and torturing British girls, but they didn't do anything so as to not appear racist, in addition to arresting two fathers who tried to rescue their daughters. That was the backdrop for the arrest of Tommy Robinson for live-streaming outside the courthouse.

Anyways, I say that to make the point that people close to it might not act the way you'd think.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:46 pm

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:08 am
A) I have lost my faith in statistics like that. Even one of the cases I linked to, it seemed to me like a chick banged an illegal alien when she was drunk, then regretted it later and claimed he raped her.
So we have to take the anecdotals with a grain of salt.
B) since they're illegal aliens, we don't exactly know how many there are, so how can we calculate accurate base rates?
I don't know how they get figures even for things like how many people are marching toward a border. Drones and estimations?

re England: yeah, I saw a bit of that article. Very disturbing. I didn't know about the lack of follow-up due to fear of racism allegations. I should do some follow-up reading on that.
RIP Marcello Gandini
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:41 pm

MangoMan wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:53 pm
Now Hasbro has joined the Woke crowd. ::)
Monopoly, the infamous family board game that has ruined friendships for over 80 years, has decided to take a heavy dose of the “woke” pill. Hasbro is debuting a special edition of Monopoly which “celebrates women’s empowerment” by giving female players more money.

Better yet, male players should also have a higher chance of dying while playing, considering that 94 percent of workplace fatalities are male.
https://www.thepostmillennial.com/hasbr ... -than-men/

You can't make this sh!t up.
Monopoly sucks anyway. Only reason we ever played it was because there was absolutely nothing else to do. Life is better.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:02 pm

Oh, I loved board games with friends & family in the pre-Internet age. Good times.

The Ms Monopoly version sounds rather insulting though. Giving women extra money for passing Go- how is that empowering? It sounds as antiquated as the term “the weaker sex.”

And what if you’re a non-binary gender fluid person who identifies as a lobster? How much cash for you?

p.s.
titania is a parody account
titania is a parody account
213045DA-50E2-4683-93F4-F6093240DDA0.jpeg (402 KiB) Viewed 12427 times
RIP Marcello Gandini
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:27 am

Just wait til the SJWs find out that in Risk you only get 2 armies for South America and 3 for Africa, but 5 for North America and Europe. ;D