The Left is Eating Itself Pt. II

dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: The Left is Eating Itself Pt. II

Post by dualstow »

This isn't the Left eating itself, per se, but I don't want to give "eating Omar" its own thread. That's not warranted.

ILHAN OMAR ACCUSED OF SUPPORTING AIPAC AFTER CRITIQUING ASSAD
US Representative Ilhan Omar tweeted support for the Syrian people who revolted against the regime of President Bashar Assad on Friday. In response she was accused of supporting the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) and the CIA, and was slammed for her views by pro-Assad activists and online trolls.
https://www.jpost.com/American-Politics ... sad-583633

Fun.
🍍
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Today I learned that Linda Sarsour's surname means "cockroach!" I learned this from Linda Sarsour herself.
https://twitter.com/yoism/status/1108391334136549378
🍍
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel »

PP67 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:11 pm This may be a combination of you-find-what-you’re-looking-for and/or fake news but I found this video more than a bit disturbing.

I’d love better minds than mine give me their opinion.

Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h5iv6sECGU&app=desktop
Part II
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel »

Libertarian666 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:29 pm
stuper1 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:05 pm And then we get told that when Trump calls them fake news that he is threatening the First Amendment. All he's doing is saying the truth. Guess what, the President has a First Amendment right too.

If you would have told me 5 years ago that I would be supporting Donald Trump as President, I would have laughed myself silly. But truly I am very glad that he is President. It has opened my eyes to the truth that 99% of the political stuff that we hear in the media is propaganda.

For many years, I was an avid NPR listener and was convinced that they are fairly even-handed politically. Let's just say that I am no longer convinced. Now if I turn them on for a few minutes, their grave, measured, holier-than-thou virtue-signaling makes me want to puke.
This is why Trump is going to be re-elected, barring a black swan event.

The lunatic left has overplayed their hand so much that they have turned almost everyone significantly to the right of Che Guevara into a Trump supporter.

And they are still at it!

At this rate, he will win in a landslide.
Now the NBC/DNC and Yashar Ali thing.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

I have done a great deal of research on hate crimes in America, and the tragically underreported fact is that an enormous number of such incidents reported over the past decades turn out to have been hoaxes.
- Wilfred Reilly

https://www.commentarymagazine.com/arti ... ey-happen/

(I didn’t read the whole thing. Too long).
🍍
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel »

Tim Pool has been a tear lately.

This video talks about Matt Yglesias (Vox) congratulating the progressive media on misleading people (mostly Democrats, obviously) about their taxes.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel »

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-con ... l/788/text

Section 6 would presumably modify the law to make it illegal to bar anyone identifying as a female to play female sports in a public school. They literally had a radical feminist there to claim that if they pass this bill, "women's rights will be abolished, and every right that women fought for will cease to exist." LOL

Which college is going to be first? :D
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by sophie »

I've wondered what effect the transgender craze will have on Olympic women's competition. If a (former) man could get classified as a women, he'd have a huge advantage in most sports, everything from skiing to running to figure skating. I'd be surprised if no one's figured that out yet. I can't wait to see what happens the first time a transgender wins a gold medal in a women's competition.
moda0306
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by moda0306 »

sophie wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:17 am I've wondered what effect the transgender craze will have on Olympic women's competition. If a (former) man could get classified as a women, he'd have a huge advantage in most sports, everything from skiing to running to figure skating. I'd be surprised if no one's figured that out yet. I can't wait to see what happens the first time a transgender wins a gold medal in a women's competition.
Hopefully, the one good thing this tranny movement brings about is bringing down the massive sports-industrial complex. It'll be worth it if it does.

Then individuals can be free to choose what type of environment they want to compete, in a much more decentralized and non-state-dependent models that hopefully are no longer utter leeches on our collective attention.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

That’s a great question, Sophie. I can’t see trans women being recognized by theocracies or, despite its past use of hormones for female competitors, the Sovi- Russia. It will be hotly contested.
🍍
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel »

moda0306 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:34 am
sophie wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:17 am I've wondered what effect the transgender craze will have on Olympic women's competition. If a (former) man could get classified as a women, he'd have a huge advantage in most sports, everything from skiing to running to figure skating. I'd be surprised if no one's figured that out yet. I can't wait to see what happens the first time a transgender wins a gold medal in a women's competition.
Hopefully, the one good thing this tranny movement brings about is bringing down the massive sports-industrial complex. It'll be worth it if it does.

Then individuals can be free to choose what type of environment they want to compete, in a much more decentralized and non-state-dependent models that hopefully are no longer utter leeches on our collective attention.
It won't bring down the entire thing, only the female's side.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel »

Maybe they would if a bunch of dudes were playing in it.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Library books written by white people are taking up too much space
https://sleung.wordpress.com/2019/04/15 ... ssion=true
🍍
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by sophie »

Just when you thought you knew who will be the most viable Democratic candidates:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-BBW7KnG
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel »

sophie wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:03 am Just when you thought you knew who will be the most viable Democratic candidates:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-BBW7KnG
Mr. Johnson, a 27-year-old law student, said the large field was a great equalizer, and “if at the end of it we get an old white guy, someone who represents the status quo, it’ll be because they’ve proven themselves.”

Ms. Neal, a dental hygienist, made an agonized face at Mr. Johnson, her boyfriend. Wouldn’t something be lost, she asked, if the historically diverse slate of 2020 Democrats was passed over?

“Personally, I’d love to see a woman,” Ms. Neal, also 27, said at the event on Thursday night. “If people are being catty and holding gender or race against a candidate, it would break my heart.”
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Wow, she’s not a hypocrite at all. O0
🍍
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

https://youtu.be/2vyBLCqyUes

Evergreen State College

🌲
🍍
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel »

Revolting stuff.

Thanks for sharing.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Kriegsspiel wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:20 am Revolting stuff.

Thanks for sharing.
Parts 1 & 2 are pretty scary as well, Revolt stuff.
🍍
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel »

The overall atmosphere of meekness and supplication was mostly what triggered my revulsion response. Bret Weinstein kinda said the same thing here, at 7:55 in. And the switchboard conversation highlighted it too. It sounded like even the police were hunkered down in their station behind locked doors, and told Weinstein they couldn't protect him.

Didn't know they said ya'll that much up in Washington. Do they recruit exclusively from the South?
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Nothing is exclusive about their recruiting, especially when it comes to grades. The term y'all is growing in popularity in the north, and I've heard it spoken outside the U.S. too.
🍍
drumminj
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by drumminj »

dualstow wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:40 am The term y'all is growing in popularity in the north, and I've heard it spoken outside the U.S. too.
I don't know if this is the reason why, but it's conveniently gender-neutral so one doesn't get admonished for using it, vs "you guys" (not intending it in any gender-specific way).
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Makes sense. Yeah, so many European languages have the you-plural. We lost our Ye at some point.
🍍
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan »

dualstow wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:47 pm Makes sense. Yeah, so many European languages have the you-plural. We lost our Ye at some point.
Actually "you" was the you-plural. I think "ye" was a form of it... Perhaps the vocative? "Oh come all ye faithful". It's the thee's and thou's and thine's, the singulars, which we sadly dropped.

Y'all is a pretty good fix: make "you" singular and "y'all" plural. Then there's even another step, what I call the "comprehensive": "all y'all".

Edit: or were you thinking of "ye" as in "ye olde coffee shoppe"? In that case, the culprit is really a missing letter: the thorn - þ - which is the "th" sound. For a while, "y" was used as a stand-in.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Edit: or were you thinking of "ye" as in "ye olde coffee shoppe"?

haha, no.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ye_(pronoun)
Top paragraph, although the shoppe thing is addressed on the same page.
🍍