Moderator: Global Moderator

Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: The Left is Eating Itself Pt. II

Post by Maddy » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:36 pm

Cortopassi wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:06 am
I'd rather have Biden who at least appears to try to unify people in most instances.
I don't at all see Biden as "unifying" people--if you're talking about unifying left with right. What you may be interpreting as "unification" is Biden's potential ability to calm down the radical left by giving them what they want. Things naturally tend to be perceived as more unified when cities aren't being torched.
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by technovelist » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:19 am

Maddy wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:36 pm
Cortopassi wrote:
I'd rather have Biden who at least appears to try to unify people in most instances.
I don't at all see Biden as "unifying" people--if you're talking about unifying left with right. What you may be interpreting as "unification" is Biden's potential ability to calm down the radical left by giving them what they want. Things naturally tend to be perceived as more unified when cities aren't being torched.

Yes, but of course appeasement won’t work with terrorists. It just emboldens them to demand more.
Another nod to the most beautiful equation: e + 1 = 0
jalanlong
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jalanlong » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:04 pm

Maddy wrote:
Cortopassi wrote:
Exactly. I am Libertarian so I was not a fan of Bush Jr or Obama. But I could clearly see that in the final months of the Bush administration the media portrayed the country as in complete shambles, led by nightly film of Cindy Sheehan Code Pink protests and a mortgage crisis blamed squarely on Bush policies. Then it seems the minute Obama took office, the clouds parted, the birds came out to sing and Cindy Sheehan disappeared from public view. So from that perspective, Obama was a unifier for sure. Now out in fly-over country, people were still divided. But it was not portrayed that way.
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:28 pm

jalanlong wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:04 pm
Maddy wrote:
Cortopassi wrote:
Exactly. I am Libertarian so I was not a fan of Bush Jr or Obama. But I could clearly see that in the final months of the Bush administration the media portrayed the country as in complete shambles, led by nightly film of Cindy Sheehan Code Pink protests and a mortgage crisis blamed squarely on Bush policies. Then it seems the minute Obama took office, the clouds parted, the birds came out to sing and Cindy Sheehan disappeared from public view. So from that perspective, Obama was a unifier for sure. Now out in fly-over country, people were still divided. But it was not portrayed that way.
Obama was not a unifier, the narrative just changed.
l82start
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by l82start » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:26 am

Mayor Lori Lightfoot (Chicago) is against federal help quelling the riots and violence...
apparently she has it under control?? https://heyjackass.com/
“The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary.”

Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by technovelist » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:06 am

l82start wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:26 am
Mayor Lori Lightfoot (Chicago) is against federal help quelling the riots and violence...
apparently she has it under control?? https://heyjackass.com/
Yes, she has it completely under control. Everything is proceeding exactly according to plan to usher in the New World Order heaven on earth!
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:50 am

I know Obama is incredibly unpopular here, and comparing himself to Trayvon was not unifiying*, but I just want to say even he was against cancel culture.

*good posts about Trayvon Martin by PointedStick back in the day.
RIP Ron Cobb (Daily Check-in Thread).
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by technovelist » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:52 am

dualstow wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:50 am
I know Obama is incredibly unpopular here, and comparing himself to Trayvon was not unifiying*, but I just want to say even he was against cancel culture.

*good posts about Trayvon Martin by PointedStick back in the day.
No one to the right of Stalin is in favor of cancel culture. That used to be basically the entire population, but now it's only 95%: another silent majority.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:59 pm

Just to show that while I disagree with this topic I do have a (tiny) sense of humor...

Vinny

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (56.02 KiB) Viewed 193 times
"I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats."
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:02 pm

And, just sent him a Connect request on LinkedIn.

Here is his experience / education:
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (47.98 KiB) Viewed 192 times
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:04 pm

Had never prior heard of his university. Seems better than average?
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (32.11 KiB) Viewed 192 times
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:59 am

Thorough setup, Vinny, if a little drawn out. Now go for the punchline!
I hated all the things I had toiled for under the sun, because I must leave them to the one who comes after me. Who knows whether that person will be wise or foolish? Yet they will have control over all the fruit of my toil into which I have poured my effort and skill under the sun. . . Nothing is better for a man than to eat and drink and enjoy his work.
- Ecclesiastes