The Left is Eating Itself Pt. II

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

The Left is Eating Itself Pt. II

Post by dualstow » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:51 am

Anyone else following the Sarah Jeong case?
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: The Left is Eating Itself Pt. II

Post by technovelist » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:12 am

Of course I don't want anyone to be injured, but other than that, I hope they keep up this insanity forever.

People are starting to wake up to exactly how crazy they are.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:53 am

Gosh, I hope so. It’s eerily like China’s Cultural Revolution.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:30 am

voice-of-a-generation actress Lena Dunham
Of all the hateful, slanderous things said about millennials...
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:56 pm

O0
Michellebell
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Michellebell » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:18 pm

technovelist wrote:Of course I don't want anyone to be injured, but other than that, I hope they keep up this insanity forever.

Yes you just can't make this stuff up. So much more funny than comedy shows these days.
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by technovelist » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:17 am

Michellebell wrote:
technovelist wrote:Of course I don't want anyone to be injured, but other than that, I hope they keep up this insanity forever.

Yes you just can't make this stuff up. So much more funny than comedy shows these days.
Well, that's pretty easy, since most comedy shows have turned into PSAs for TDS. :D
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:47 pm

technovelist wrote:
Michellebell wrote:

Well, that's pretty easy, since most comedy shows have turned into PSAs for TDS. :D
Love those TLAs. ;)
Romans 6:23 (New English Translation)
For the payoff of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:11 am

Upon obtaining an email sent out to the speakers, the university stated that the conference was called off because the presenters who had been selected to speak at the conference did not “reflect the diverse St. Kate's community of today nor the world of tomorrow we are committed to creating.”

According to the author of the email, the cancellation was not due to “the quality of [the speaker’s] presentation material or credentials.” Rather, the organizers of this event insisted on “modeling the ideal state today in everything we do.”

The blind process used to pick the speakers was based solely on the themes of the conference—“Explore your purpose, Ignite your passion, and Inspire excellence.” This was designed to eliminate over-representing certain industries over others.

Apparently, this process yielded results that “led to a racial and ethnic blind outcome."

This suggests that most, if not all the scheduled speakers ended up being white. Consequently, the speakers were determined to be an unacceptable representation of the “ideal state” envisioned by conference organizers.

This event was an opportunity for 30 qualified women with diverse upbringings and areas of expertise to advance their careers and that of others by meeting new contacts and networking. If not for the color of their skin—which became an issue only after the blind selection process—they would have gotten the chance to do so.

Unfortunately, this is not uncommon in Minnesota.

As the Star Tribune reported last August, the “Loft Literary Center’s conference on writing for children and young adults” was also canceled after complaints that 21 of 22 speakers were white. This was not an intentional outcome and only occurred because many of the “writers of color” could not make it during MEA weekend.

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=10621
One hopes that St. Catherines is unsuccessful in creating this racist world they're so nobly striving for.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:48 am

There's an app for that now.

http://rentaminority.com/
Rent-A-Minority is a revolutionary new service designed for those oh-shit moments where you've realized your award show, corporate brochure, conference panel is entirely composed of white men. For, like, the fifth year in a row. Suddenly you're being called out on Twitter and you need to look not-racist and not-misogynist fast.
;D
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by technovelist » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:03 pm

Kriegsspiel wrote:There's an app for that now.

http://rentaminority.com/
Rent-A-Minority is a revolutionary new service designed for those oh-shit moments where you've realized your award show, corporate brochure, conference panel is entirely composed of white men. For, like, the fifth year in a row. Suddenly you're being called out on Twitter and you need to look not-racist and not-misogynist fast.
;D
The only surprising thing about that is that it appears to be a spoof.