Help!... I need somebody... Help!... Not just anybody!

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

PP67
Executive Member
Executive Member

Help!... I need somebody... Help!... Not just anybody!

Post by PP67 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:39 am

A while back I downloaded an Excel spreadsheet that apparently used macros to grab current Yahoo Finance stock quotes to populate the spreadsheet. It also had some nifty pie charts for allocation %s, etc. The spreadsheet appears to have "protected" the macros as I cannot seem to access them. Over the past few months, the spreadsheet was sporadically failing to be able to get any stock quotes initially but eventually I could get them to update (usually didn't know how I did it). Now it no longer updates and after googling the issue, it appears that maybe Yahoo Finance has changed something that makes it no longer work with what I am using. I am using Excel 2007 and I know have seen references to Excel 2013 having a built-in function called "WEBSERVICE" that would seem to be the easiest solution except I don't have access to Excel 2013.

Long story short, does anyone have a link to a functioning spreadsheet that can still pull stock quotes into Excel 2007 and doesn't require macro manipulation?

Many thanks!