Honor / Virtue

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Michellebell

Re: Honor / Virtue

Post by Michellebell » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:46 pm

Libertarian666 wrote:
ochotona wrote:I am a gun owner, but after the church shooting yesterday, I wonder if we, as a people, deserve the Second Amendment any longer. Because in 2017 there's no Honor or Virtue remaining. People are just selfish, sick, and twisted from the highest levels of government and business down to the rank and file.
It is precisely the 2nd Amendment that protects our right to defend ourselves and our neighbors.

If there had been a non-criminal there with a gun, the number of lives lost would almost certainly have been significantly less.

What we need is for every church to have armed congregants at every service or other meeting where there are more than one or two people.
The church shooting that just occurred in Tennessee, the story that seems to have been buried by the mainstream media, is a perfect example of this. The shooter only managed to kill one person before he was shot by one of the church members.

The only way to make criminals not have access to guns is to make them ALL disappear, which I don't think is at all possible. Taking the guns away from the people who follow the rules will only make people more unsafe. It's illogical to think that people willing to commit mass murder are going to follow new gun laws.

So sad though!!! How to get people to stop killing each other, whether they use a gun, car, knives, whatever, is the real question.
Michellebell

Post by Michellebell » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:37 pm

Actually I was a little mistaken. The man who owned the gun who shot the Tennessee shooter actually left his gun in the car and confronted the shooter physically. The shooter then accidentally shot himself during the struggle.

So I wasn't totally correct. http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/24/22-ye ... h-shooter/

I still think that if we take away guns from law-abiding citizens, that's a recipe for disaster. The only ones left with the guns will be the criminals, the police, and the politicians.
Michellebell

Post by Michellebell » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:43 pm

Libertarian666 wrote: Although this particular case is theoretically not political in nature, a lot of the violence certainly is. So since the vast majority of politically-based attacks are by unhinged "progressives", perhaps the first step would be for the "mainstream media" to stop painting all Trump supporters as Nazis. Obviously if they are Nazis, it is practically a civic duty to attack them.
Yes I think that this is the cause of a lot of the violence occurring these days. I just saw that Rand Paul was attacked while mowing his lawn. Think about it, Charlottesville, Antifa gangs that have gotten out of control in places like Berkeley, even things like vandalism - Ben Carson had his home vandalized recently.

There is a LOT of hate coming from the left these days. I'm sure there are plenty of good, decent people who dislike Trump and the Republicans, but seriously some of these people are thinking that it's okay to commit crimes against innocent people because they believe that these people are evil.
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:14 am

Libertarian666 wrote: Although this particular case is theoretically not political in nature, a lot of the violence certainly is. So since the vast majority of politically-based attacks are by unhinged "progressives", perhaps the first step would be for the "mainstream media" to stop painting all Trump supporters as Nazis. Obviously if they are Nazis, it is practically a civic duty to attack them.
It wasn't more than an hour after the shooting occurred that several mainstream media outlets declared that the motive was "not political." At that point, it was not clear that they had even figured out who the shooter was.

I would not at all be surprised if the increasingly frequent calls for violence by the Disgruntled Left--not only against Trump but against Christians, conservatives, and white people--incited this act. The Left's rage against all things traditional, and its indiscriminate call for violent action as the means to achieve justice for unspecified transgressions, undoubtedly speaks to every unhinged kook with an axe to grind.

IMHO, the progressive loudmouths who issue and publicize statements advocating violence are consummate pussies whose objective is to have other, more vulnerable, people do their bidding.
Michellebell

Post by Michellebell » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:32 am

Libertarian666 wrote:
Maddy wrote:
It wasn't more than an hour after the shooting occurred that several mainstream media outlets declared that the motive was "not political." At that point, it was not clear that they had even figured out who the shooter was.

I would not at all be surprised if the increasingly frequent calls for violence by the Disgruntled Left--not only against Trump but against Christians, conservatives, and white people--incited this act. The Left's rage against all things traditional, and its indiscriminate call for violent action as the means to achieve justice for unspecified transgressions, undoubtedly speaks to every unhinged kook with an axe to grind.

IMHO, the progressive loudmouths who issue and publicize statements advocating violence are consummate pussies whose objective is to have other, more vulnerable, people do their bidding.
Absolutely.
Agreed. As horrible as this sounds, I was expecting something like this to happen after hearing the "civil war" talk starting November 4.