Are you as smart as the smartest woman on earth? (A Probability Problem)

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

barrett
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Are you as smart as the smartest woman on earth? (A Probability Problem)

Post by barrett »

TennPaGa wrote:
WiseOne wrote:This is actually a quite simple one, and it's a useful example of conditional probabilities. Tenn got it right:
Well this is weird. First, barrett credits dualstow. Then WiseOne credits me.

Again, it was Maddy.

I feel the need to point out that neither dualstow nor I were involved in writing the Beach Boys song "Good Vibrations".
Just to clarify, Tenn, I never claimed you and dualstow wrote "Good Vibrations." My point was merely that you two recorded the best version. Now where is that friggin' goat I was looking for?
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

O0 For what it's worth, a friend of mine is tangentially involved in the music business. He knows all the surviving Beach Boys in person and has been heavily involved with Devo. He literally wrote the book on Devo as he likes to say, literally. Apparently, his counterpart at the Beach Boys (interviews, liner notes, archiving of recordings) contacted him, so he has some connection to the Beach Boys now, too. I'm sure he would be amused by this conversation.

@Tenn: I think it needs a bit more cowbell. What say you?
🍍
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer »

TennPaGa wrote:
dualstow wrote:O0 For what it's worth, a friend of mine is tangentially involved in the music business. He knows all the surviving Beach Boys in person and has been heavily involved with Devo. He literally wrote the book on Devo as he likes to say, literally. Apparently, his counterpart at the Beach Boys (interviews, liner notes, archiving of recordings) contacted him, so he has some connection to the Beach Boys now, too. I'm sure he would be amused by this conversation.

@Tenn: I think it needs a bit more cowbell. What say you?
I put my pants on just like the rest of you -- one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I make gold records.
Go forward, move ahead. Whip it.
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.