Will Trump be Re-elected?

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Will Trump be Re-elected?

Trump is more effective than people are willing to admit [ala Scott Adams] and will be re-elected.
24
38%
Hillary will run again in 2020, and thus Trump will beat her again.
3
5%
Trump will cause the GOP to lose one or both houses of congress in the mid-term elections.
6
9%
The Dems in congress will be so insufferable, Trumps wins by a small margin despite them.
14
22%
Trump will choose not to run for re-election, since he never really wanted the job anyway.
7
11%
Trump is a disaster and will lose by a landslide.
5
8%
Trump will not only lose, but will lose to a candidate so far to the left that people will wish he'd stayed.
3
5%
Other, please elaborate.
2
3%
 
Total votes: 64
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 2787
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: Will Trump be Re-elected?

Post by doodle » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:45 am

Lindsey Graham: A president who doesn't comply with Congressional requests for information is subject to impeachment.

Even formerly loyal members of his party are finding it increasingly difficult to support this guy. As I have said before there are aspects of Trump's policies that I see as beneficial, but the man is an incapable leader and an awful communicator not to mention a complete lowlife. In the words of Colin Powel he is a national disgrace. I'm really shocked how many intelligent people here are falling for this con man. A man whose ego is so big that he gets NOAA to alter the path of hurricanes impact in order to save him face after he mistakenly places Alabama in Dorians path. How is Swampthing going to drain the swamp?
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 2787
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: Will Trump be Re-elected?

Post by doodle » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:52 am

jacksonm2 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:49 pm
technovelist wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:08 pm
The Democrat Congress and Presidential candidates seem to be doing everything in their power to alienate independents and even moderate Democrats.

If everything goes on as it is, Trump will win in a landslide and the Republicans will take back the House and keep the Senate.
The George McGovern/Richard Nixon precedent seems highly relevant here. Smelling blood in the water over the Vietnam War, "progressives" saw it as their chance to put a far left candidate in the white house. They failed miserably, of course.

No way to tell how this game is going to play out today and whether history will repeat itself. "Progressives" have been hard at work ever since and as far as I can tell so far they have made great strides in changing opinions, starting in the public schools where they have had almost complete control in indoctrinating the younger generations.

Although I tend to think Trump is going to win it wouldn't completely surprise me to find out, as progressives did on election night in 2015 when Trump won, that one of those far left candidates had won the white house.

Maybe the Nixon precedent applies to Trump's impeachment as well.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/it ... don-nixon/
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 4873
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Will Trump be Re-elected?

Post by technovelist » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:46 am

doodle wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:45 am
Lindsey Graham: A president who doesn't comply with Congressional requests for information is subject to impeachment.
Then let the House vote articles of impeachment.
Why haven't they done that?
Because they don't want to let the Republicans have subpoena power, and they don't want their "moderate" members from swing districts to be wiped out next year.
doodle wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:45 am
Even formerly loyal members of his party are finding it increasingly difficult to support this guy. As I have said before there are aspects of Trump's policies that I see as beneficial, but the man is an incapable leader and an awful communicator not to mention a complete lowlife. In the words of Colin Powel he is a national disgrace. I'm really shocked how many intelligent people here are falling for this con man. A man whose ego is so big that he gets NOAA to alter the path of hurricanes impact in order to save him face after he mistakenly places Alabama in Dorians path. How is Swampthing going to drain the swamp?
I don't know where you're getting your news about "formerly loyal members of his party", unless of course you mean Mitt Romney. The Democrats, by their insane witch hunts, have solidified Trump's base more than anything else could do. He has record support among Republicans, more than even Reagan. See https://morningconsult.com/tracking-trump-2/, which says that 86% of Republican primary voters support him.

And as far as draining the swamp, let's see what Barr, Horowitz, Durham, and Huber come up with. If they are doing their jobs, the Democrat party will be totally demolished by exposure of their corruption.
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 4873
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Will Trump be Re-elected?

Post by technovelist » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:47 am

doodle wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:52 am
jacksonm2 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:49 pm
technovelist wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:08 pm
The Democrat Congress and Presidential candidates seem to be doing everything in their power to alienate independents and even moderate Democrats.

If everything goes on as it is, Trump will win in a landslide and the Republicans will take back the House and keep the Senate.
The George McGovern/Richard Nixon precedent seems highly relevant here. Smelling blood in the water over the Vietnam War, "progressives" saw it as their chance to put a far left candidate in the white house. They failed miserably, of course.

No way to tell how this game is going to play out today and whether history will repeat itself. "Progressives" have been hard at work ever since and as far as I can tell so far they have made great strides in changing opinions, starting in the public schools where they have had almost complete control in indoctrinating the younger generations.

Although I tend to think Trump is going to win it wouldn't completely surprise me to find out, as progressives did on election night in 2015 when Trump won, that one of those far left candidates had won the white house.

Maybe the Nixon precedent applies to Trump's impeachment as well.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/it ... don-nixon/
Maybe if Trump had done anything illegal, the Nixon precedent would apply.
He hasn't.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 2787
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: Will Trump be Re-elected?

Post by doodle » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:56 am

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-ne ... mpeachment

Takes time for tide to turn.

The amount of impeachable illegal dirt on Trump is staggering. And they don't just flow out of the house of representatives...now the latest from Rex Tillerson. You know, that commie leftist social justice warrior who ran exxon mobil.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... oj-charges
Tillerson has said publicly that the president frequently asked him to do things that were illegal.

“So often, the president would say ‘Here’s what I want to do and here’s how I want to do it,’ and I would have to say to him, ‘Mr. President I understand what you want to do but you can’t do it that way,”’ Tillerson said in an on-stage interview with Bob Schieffer in Texas last year. “It violates the law, it violates treaty you know and he just, he got really frustrated when we’d have those conversations.”
User avatar
shekels
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 83
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:01 am

Re: Will Trump be Re-elected?

Post by shekels » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:27 am

doodle wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:45 am
Lindsey Graham: A president who doesn't comply with Congressional requests for information is subject to impeachment.

Even formerly loyal members of his party are finding it increasingly difficult to support this guy. As I have said before there are aspects of Trump's policies that I see as beneficial, but the man is an incapable leader and an awful communicator not to mention a complete lowlife. In the words of Colin Powel he is a national disgrace. I'm really shocked how many intelligent people here are falling for this con man. A man whose ego is so big that he gets NOAA to alter the path of hurricanes impact in order to save him face after he mistakenly places Alabama in Dorians path. How is Swampthing going to drain the swamp?
It seems to me that you are putting forth a view that can be followed by half of the people.
But you are not going to convince the other half of the people.
Lindsey Graham and Colin Powell are big names in Politics, Yes I can name names also that are on Trumps side of this impeachment process and see it as a Kangaroo Court.
Nancy can have a House Vote but she has chosen not to Vote in the Impeachment matter. (WHY)?
Granted she does not have to Vote on impeachment but given previous impeachments this was the case.
I will let the courts decide.

Also having a Big ego does not prove you are wrong. One of the early computer Spaghetti Models had a track of the Hurricane going into the Gulf..
Now as I type this out I know it probably will not change your mind just like the other half of the people.

But I do wonder sometimes, What is inside people that would have them dislike Trump so strongly.

Just a FYI. I do NOT see Trump as a Republican. Republicans screwed the U.S. along with the Dems for years.
People were VERY tired of being Lied to by the Elites. This is just one reason Trump is President.
But it seems The Elites are still Lying to the people...
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 2787
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: Will Trump be Re-elected?

Post by doodle » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:48 am

shekels wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:27 am
doodle wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:45 am
Lindsey Graham: A president who doesn't comply with Congressional requests for information is subject to impeachment.

Even formerly loyal members of his party are finding it increasingly difficult to support this guy. As I have said before there are aspects of Trump's policies that I see as beneficial, but the man is an incapable leader and an awful communicator not to mention a complete lowlife. In the words of Colin Powel he is a national disgrace. I'm really shocked how many intelligent people here are falling for this con man. A man whose ego is so big that he gets NOAA to alter the path of hurricanes impact in order to save him face after he mistakenly places Alabama in Dorians path. How is Swampthing going to drain the swamp?
It seems to me that you are putting forth a view that can be followed by half of the people.
But you are not going to convince the other half of the people.
Lindsey Graham and Colin Powell are big names in Politics, Yes I can name names also that are on Trumps side of this impeachment process and see it as a Kangaroo Court.
Nancy can have a House Vote but she has chosen not to Vote in the Impeachment matter. (WHY)?
Granted she does not have to Vote on impeachment but given previous impeachments this was the case.
I will let the courts decide.

Also having a Big ego does not prove you are wrong. One of the early computer Spaghetti Models had a track of the Hurricane going into the Gulf..
Now as I type this out I know it probably will not change your mind just like the other half of the people.

But I do wonder sometimes, What is inside people that would have them dislike Trump so strongly.

Just a FYI. I do NOT see Trump as a Republican. Republicans screwed the U.S. along with the Dems for years.
People were VERY tired of being Lied to by the Elites. This is just one reason Trump is President.
But it seems The Elites are still Lying to the people...
I'm no fan of political elites, but Trump isnt the answer. He is a tantrum in human form. The man is a con artist. Have you spoken with people who have personally worked for him? I have worked with two and both said he was the biggest scumbag they ever dealt with and these were non political comments...he literally stiffed them for work they had done. Listen to members of his staff from Tillerson to Kelly...they basically say he is an imbecile. Look into his relationship with Deutsche Bank, how many investors he has bilked through lies and deception. The man has been involved in thousands of lawsuits. What exactly makes you think this man is going to clean up corruption? Seriously?
User avatar
shekels
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 83
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:01 am

Re: Will Trump be Re-elected?

Post by shekels » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:40 am

doodle wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:48 am
shekels wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:27 am
doodle wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:45 am
Lindsey Graham: A president who doesn't comply with Congressional requests for information is subject to impeachment.

Even formerly loyal members of his party are finding it increasingly difficult to support this guy. As I have said before there are aspects of Trump's policies that I see as beneficial, but the man is an incapable leader and an awful communicator not to mention a complete lowlife. In the words of Colin Powel he is a national disgrace. I'm really shocked how many intelligent people here are falling for this con man. A man whose ego is so big that he gets NOAA to alter the path of hurricanes impact in order to save him face after he mistakenly places Alabama in Dorians path. How is Swampthing going to drain the swamp?
It seems to me that you are putting forth a view that can be followed by half of the people.
But you are not going to convince the other half of the people.
Lindsey Graham and Colin Powell are big names in Politics, Yes I can name names also that are on Trumps side of this impeachment process and see it as a Kangaroo Court.
Nancy can have a House Vote but she has chosen not to Vote in the Impeachment matter. (WHY)?
Granted she does not have to Vote on impeachment but given previous impeachments this was the case.
I will let the courts decide.

Also having a Big ego does not prove you are wrong. One of the early computer Spaghetti Models had a track of the Hurricane going into the Gulf..
Now as I type this out I know it probably will not change your mind just like the other half of the people.

But I do wonder sometimes, What is inside people that would have them dislike Trump so strongly.

Just a FYI. I do NOT see Trump as a Republican. Republicans screwed the U.S. along with the Dems for years.
People were VERY tired of being Lied to by the Elites. This is just one reason Trump is President.
But it seems The Elites are still Lying to the people...
I'm no fan of political elites, but Trump isnt the answer. He is a tantrum in human form. The man is a con artist. Have you spoken with people who have personally worked for him? I have worked with two and both said he was the biggest scumbag they ever dealt with and these were non political comments...he literally stiffed them for work they had done. Listen to members of his staff from Tillerson to Kelly...they basically say he is an imbecile. Look into his relationship with Deutsche Bank, how many investors he has bilked through lies and deception. The man has been involved in thousands of lawsuits. What exactly makes you think this man is going to clean up corruption? Seriously?
I Don't see Trump cleaning up Corruption... It goes to deep..
But would the people have seen the amount of Corruption that has been exposed so far in the Government, with any other candidate?
Again you present Political/Business people that don't like him. Just as other Political/Business people do like him.

Edit. I bring up Political/Business peoples opinions as just that, opinions.
People I don't know and trust. They have agendas just like Elites and why should I believe what they are saying.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 2787
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: Will Trump be Re-elected?

Post by doodle » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:00 am

shekels wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:40 am
doodle wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:48 am
shekels wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:27 am


It seems to me that you are putting forth a view that can be followed by half of the people.
But you are not going to convince the other half of the people.
Lindsey Graham and Colin Powell are big names in Politics, Yes I can name names also that are on Trumps side of this impeachment process and see it as a Kangaroo Court.
Nancy can have a House Vote but she has chosen not to Vote in the Impeachment matter. (WHY)?
Granted she does not have to Vote on impeachment but given previous impeachments this was the case.
I will let the courts decide.

Also having a Big ego does not prove you are wrong. One of the early computer Spaghetti Models had a track of the Hurricane going into the Gulf..
Now as I type this out I know it probably will not change your mind just like the other half of the people.

But I do wonder sometimes, What is inside people that would have them dislike Trump so strongly.

Just a FYI. I do NOT see Trump as a Republican. Republicans screwed the U.S. along with the Dems for years.
People were VERY tired of being Lied to by the Elites. This is just one reason Trump is President.
But it seems The Elites are still Lying to the people...
I'm no fan of political elites, but Trump isnt the answer. He is a tantrum in human form. The man is a con artist. Have you spoken with people who have personally worked for him? I have worked with two and both said he was the biggest scumbag they ever dealt with and these were non political comments...he literally stiffed them for work they had done. Listen to members of his staff from Tillerson to Kelly...they basically say he is an imbecile. Look into his relationship with Deutsche Bank, how many investors he has bilked through lies and deception. The man has been involved in thousands of lawsuits. What exactly makes you think this man is going to clean up corruption? Seriously?
I Don't see Trump cleaning up Corruption... It goes to deep..
But would the people have seen the amount of Corruption that has been exposed so far in the Government, with any other candidate?
Again you present Political/Business people that don't like him. Just as other Political/Business people do like him.

Edit. I bring up Political/Business peoples opinions as just that, opinions.
People I don't know and trust. They have agendas just like Elites and why should I believe what they are saying.
These aren't just any political / business people these are literally the people that he used to staff his administration who worked with Trump and to use the words of Don McGahn his former counsel, he has repeatedly asked them to do "crazy shit" and by crazy he means illegal. You think Trump has any regard for the rule of law? This isn't an us vs them issue. Democrats abuse power just as those across the aisle but Trump is in another league. I cannot understand how this is not completely obvious at this point. How many former staff members need to come out and say the guy is unhinged for Trump's faithful minions to come around to the facts?
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 4873
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Will Trump be Re-elected?

Post by technovelist » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:20 am

TDS is a terrible affliction. I hope you sufferers get help soon or you will probably be suicidal when he is re-elected in a landslide next year.
User avatar
shekels
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 83
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:01 am

Re: Will Trump be Re-elected?

Post by shekels » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:40 am

doodle wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:00 am
shekels wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:40 am
doodle wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:48 am


I'm no fan of political elites, but Trump isnt the answer. He is a tantrum in human form. The man is a con artist. Have you spoken with people who have personally worked for him? I have worked with two and both said he was the biggest scumbag they ever dealt with and these were non political comments...he literally stiffed them for work they had done. Listen to members of his staff from Tillerson to Kelly...they basically say he is an imbecile. Look into his relationship with Deutsche Bank, how many investors he has bilked through lies and deception. The man has been involved in thousands of lawsuits. What exactly makes you think this man is going to clean up corruption? Seriously?
I Don't see Trump cleaning up Corruption... It goes to deep..
But would the people have seen the amount of Corruption that has been exposed so far in the Government, with any other candidate?
Again you present Political/Business people that don't like him. Just as other Political/Business people do like him.

Edit. I bring up Political/Business peoples opinions as just that, opinions.
People I don't know and trust. They have agendas just like Elites and why should I believe what they are saying.
These aren't just any political / business people these are literally the people that he used to staff his administration who worked with Trump and to use the words of Don McGahn his former counsel, he has repeatedly asked them to do "crazy shit" and by crazy he means illegal. You think Trump has any regard for the rule of law? This isn't an us vs them issue. Democrats abuse power just as those across the aisle but Trump is in another league. I cannot understand how this is not completely obvious at this point. How many former staff members need to come out and say the guy is unhinged for Trump's faithful minions to come around to the facts?
Again, do you know these people.. Have you Talked to them.. Do you know if they have an AXE to grind..
Then I guess, Now you have decided to take that McGahn's opinion as a fact.
What about Bill Barr or Rudy Giuliani what are their opinions, and does it matter?
So Nancy can have a House Vote. but she has chosen not to Vote in the Impeachment matter. I again ask (WHY)?
User avatar
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 1471
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:28 pm
Location: Illinois

Re: Will Trump be Re-elected?

Post by Cortopassi » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:21 pm

All I wanted was a person who marginally improves the American condition, in whatever respects are important to you, and was someone who my kids and I could at least respect, if not look up to.

I think he's done some good things, but has failed on the debt, as it seems all presidents of either party fail. They all talk a good game before elected, then increase the debt with services or tax cuts or whatever.

On the second point he has been a disaster. If there truly are 30-40% of people out there who respect him, and are fine with the way he bullies and belittles people, and gives out middle school bully nicknames, I feel sorry for this country. He has done nothing to help unify the country. Democrats certainly have done nothing either.

They all suck (I think I ended a previous post with this as well) and we all deserve better, almost across the board.
Post Reply