Will Trump be Re-elected?

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Will Trump be Re-elected?

Trump is more effective than people are willing to admit [ala Scott Adams] and will be re-elected.
37%
Hillary will run again in 2020, and thus Trump will beat her again.
5%
Trump will cause the GOP to lose one or both houses of congress in the mid-term elections.
9%
The Dems in congress will be so insufferable, Trumps wins by a small margin despite them.
23%
Trump will choose not to run for re-election, since he never really wanted the job anyway.
11%
Trump is a disaster and will lose by a landslide.
8%
Trump will not only lose, but will lose to a candidate so far to the left that people will wish he'd stayed.
5%
Other, please elaborate.
3%

Total votes: 65
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Will Trump be Re-elected?

Post by dualstow »

Carlsbad Caverns, ooh. I used to visit family in NM, and went to the caverns in the 80s for the mass bat exodus at dusk. Kind of scary.
9pm EST Explosions in Iran (Isfahan) and Syria and Iraq. Not yet confirmed.
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 »

MediumTex wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:49 am Love you guys.

Just left the Prada “store” in Valentine, Texas.

Next stop: Carlsbad Caverns.
DITM
www.allterraininvesting.com
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 »

dualstow wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:21 pm Carlsbad Caverns, ooh. I used to visit family in NM, and went to the caverns in the 80s for the mass bat exodus at dusk. Kind of scary.
We know where he's going to be!!! Quick! Get in the car! We gotta get autographs and selfies!! ;D
DITM
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

lol. Just don’t wear your Permanent Portfolio t-shirt. You need to sneak up on him.
Greg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Greg »

Smith1776 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:02 pm
dualstow wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:21 pm Carlsbad Caverns, ooh. I used to visit family in NM, and went to the caverns in the 80s for the mass bat exodus at dusk. Kind of scary.
We know where he's going to be!!! Quick! Get in the car! We gotta get autographs and selfies!! ;D
Luckily I still have my Permanent Portfolio book that MediumTex signed for me when I met up with him in Texas. Glad to see you're still kicking around MediumTex! Speaking of kicking, the wife and I are expecting our first child (a little girl) in December!
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 »

Greg wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:05 pm
Smith1776 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:02 pm
Luckily I still have my Permanent Portfolio book that MediumTex signed for me when I met up with him in Texas. Glad to see you're still kicking around MediumTex! Speaking of kicking, the wife and I are expecting our first child (a little girl) in December!
I am legit jealous... here I am just sitting by myself with a totally unsigned copy like an oppressed member of the proletariat class.
DITM
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Awesome, Greg. Congrats to you and the wife!
Someday your daughter will look back and find the announcement of her upcoming birth in a Trump thread. O0
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi »

Yes, I have TDS. How can you not. This guy must have a 1" penis to be so insecure about everything.

Damn, my 401k is going down the tubes if I don't vote for him again...

flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon »

Cortopassi wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:03 pm Yes, I have TDS. How can you not.
Style vs substance, and the other choice was Hillary Clinton.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi »

Yes, I absolutely did not want to vote for another Clinton. I would have, however, voted for Sanders in a heartbeat (I can hear multiple heads exploding)
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 »

I will wager any forum member here one doughnut that Trump will not be reelected. ;D
DITM
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi »

Maybe Google is trying to screw with Trump's chances. This is the lead story under "Science" ???!!!

Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi »

I think he's really pushing it with this latest stuff

stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 »

Time will tell. He's shown a pretty good feel for how to use hyperbole. Maybe you know better than him.

Other than the obvious hyperbole, I don't see anything counterfactual in his statements. What has he done that is negative for American Jews?

And yet if you believe the mass media, you would think that he is building death camps in the desert and any moment will start the death trains rolling toward these camps.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi »

stuper,

It's absolutely the hyperbole. Vote for me or your 401ks are down the tubes. Vote for me or you Jews are being disloyal. Go back to the countries you came from. I want to buy Greenland!

Did you hear my freaking head explode? It just did!
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 »

Why should your head explode? If you know it's hyperbole, why does it bother you? And when did you start thinking that any politician actually means anything that he says?

Are you worried that the Europeans will think we are uncouth because we no longer have a suave, urbane president like Obama? Who cares what they think? Take Merkel for example. She's killing Germany by letting too many immigrants in. At least we have a president who at least says that he cares about defending/protecting his country. I couldn't care less if the rest of the world thinks that he's uncouth. And truth be told, it's really just the mass media who wants us to think that they all think he's uncouth. In fact, much of the world has some grudging respect for a guy who's willing to make hyperbolic statements and stick his neck out. They probably see better than we do how he plays the media to his advantage.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi »

stuper1 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:05 pm Why should your head explode? If you know it's hyperbole, why does it bother you? And when did you start thinking that any politician actually means anything that he says?

Are you worried that the Europeans will think we are uncouth because we no longer have a suave, urbane president like Obama? Who cares what they think? Take Merkel for example. She's killing Germany by letting too many immigrants in. At least we have a president who at least says that he cares about defending/protecting his country. I couldn't care less if the rest of the world thinks that he's uncouth. And truth be told, it's really just the mass media who wants us to think that they all think he's uncouth. In fact, much of the world has some grudging respect for a guy who's willing to make hyperbolic statements and stick his neck out. They probably see better than we do how he plays the media to his advantage.
The problem is, he doesn't stick his neck out. He reverses or BSes on nearly every single thing! You cannot know where he is going next. There is zero strategy or plan, it is literally how he feels that day.

--2 weeks ago he was going to push meaningful background checks and was not worried about a slippery slope. Today, the exact opposite.

--Mexico is going to pay for the wall, then not.

--Slamming Obama for all his golfing he did, while he does significantly more

--Happy about leaks when it was other people, but pissed when about him

--Employment rate significantly understated with other presidents, but apparently right on the money with him

--Tariffs? Yes, next week. No, delayed. Yes, next month. No, delayed.

--Medical pricing reform, zero talk about it once he's become president

--He gets upset that Denmark's PM called the Greenland idea absurd.

--Payroll tax cuts, we're looking at them. We're not. We are. We're not.

He is a terrible role model for kids in America.
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 »

Agreed. But you could say the thing about just about any other politician. Most of them just hide it a bit better. The only real role model that counts for children is their parents and possibly a few other adults that they may have a lot of contact with.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer »

Cortopassi wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:14 pm
stuper1 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:05 pm Why should your head explode? If you know it's hyperbole, why does it bother you? And when did you start thinking that any politician actually means anything that he says?

The problem is, he doesn't stick his neck out. He reverses or BSes on nearly every single thing! You cannot know where he is going next. There is zero strategy or plan, it is literally how he feels that day.

--2 weeks ago he was going to push meaningful background checks and was not worried about a slippery slope. Today, the exact opposite.

--Mexico is going to pay for the wall, then not.

--Slamming Obama for all his golfing he did, while he does significantly more

--Happy about leaks when it was other people, but pissed when about him

--Employment rate significantly understated with other presidents, but apparently right on the money with him

--Tariffs? Yes, next week. No, delayed. Yes, next month. No, delayed.

--Medical pricing reform, zero talk about it once he's become president

--He gets upset that Denmark's PM called the Greenland idea absurd.

--Payroll tax cuts, we're looking at them. We're not. We are. We're not.

He is a terrible role model for kids in America.
Life in my neighborhood is just about the same as it was a week ago, a month ago, a year ago, 10 years ago. The sun still shines, the grass still grows, my income and expenses are relatively the same, my family still loves each other, I still have frequent dinners with friends, I still go to church every week and hear inspiring sermons and receive the gifts of Jesus. But I'm one of those weird types who tries not to worry about things I can't control, and I rarely watch TV news, or much TV at all for that matter. Life is so much more peaceful that way. 8)
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi »

Mountaineer wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:33 am
Life in my neighborhood is just about the same as it was a week ago, a month ago, a year ago, 10 years ago. The sun still shines, the grass still grows, my income and expenses are relatively the same, my family still loves each other, I still have frequent dinners with friends, I still go to church every week and hear inspiring sermons and receive the gifts of Jesus. But I'm one of those weird types who tries not to worry about things I can't control, and I rarely watch TV news, or much TV at all for that matter. Life is so much more peaceful that way. 8)
I understand exactly what you are saying. It is the same for me. Kids back in school, my bees are doing well, weather has been really good around Chicago. Biked 700 miles this summer so far.

But, but but...!

I cut back on the news as well. Trump, though, dominates the discussion in any little news watching or reading I do. America is better than this. What happened to that shining city on the hill? Oh, yeah, that's a Trump hotel. ^-^
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

stuper1 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:05 pm And truth be told, it's really just the mass media who wants us to think that they all think he's uncouth.
Mass media, mass media, mass media.
All you need is a goddamn live camera.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer »

Cortopassi wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:07 am
Mountaineer wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:33 am
I understand exactly what you are saying. It is the same for me. Kids back in school, my bees are doing well, weather has been really good around Chicago. Biked 700 miles this summer so far.

But, but but...!

I cut back on the news as well. Trump, though, dominates the discussion in any little news watching or reading I do. America is better than this. What happened to that shining city on the hill? Oh, yeah, that's a Trump hotel. ^-^
^-^ ^-^ ^-^

Perhaps, just perhaps, that shining city on the hill is not a light at all but just a reflection of our current "me, me, me, it's all about me" focused culture. Maybe the 11th commandment has been found on that tablet Moses broke when he saw the golden calf: "Thou shalt love only self and have no tolerance for those who think and act differently than yourself." Short version: I worship the idol of self. :'(
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
ochotona
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by ochotona »

Mountaineer wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:59 am Perhaps, just perhaps, that shining city on the hill is not a light at all but just a reflection of our current "me, me, me, it's all about me" focused culture. Maybe the 11th commandment has been found on that tablet Moses broke when he saw the golden calf: "Thou shalt love only self and have no tolerance for those who think and act differently than yourself." Short version: I worship the idol of self. :'(
BINGO. you win the prize for insight.

And the Left and Trump supporters are both doing the same exact thing.

Whether you think modern Americans of all races should pay slavery reparations and if you disagree you are a hate criminal

Or whether you carry a Tiki torch through a University town screaming "Jews will not replace us"

It's all the same sick, sour narcissism and intolerance

And shockingly, so many of them are Millennials! You'd think it would be the sick old farts, but it's young men. I use the word men intentionally, because it's the men who could physically harm you, and are daring and stupid enough to try.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi »

Trump for sure is keeping the markets interesting!
pmward
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pmward »

Trumpypoo just signaled 5% increased tariffs on all existing goods (25%-30%), and the new goods slated for Sept 1 (10%-15%). He is just not going to stop until the U.S. economy is in shambles. What a fool. He is literally single handedly bringing our economy to its knees.

January 2018: "The economy looks to be invincible, stocks do nothing but go up, it appears that nothing can stop it."
Trump: "Hold my beer..."