Re: Trump as tragicomedy

Post by technovelist » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:09 pm

jacksonM wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:24 am
pugchief wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:43 am
dualstow wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:07 pm
Of course, it’s just words. Let’s see how the deeds go. (I was about to use the word ‘behavior ‘, but for that I would inevitably be found guilty of white-/man-splaining).
Good for you that you even knew that; I can't keep track anymore of what is acceptable to say and what isn't. Best just not to speak. :-X
For the record I support the congresswoman's right to say "impeach the mother******". As a Muslim woman however, I wonder if she has any sense of appreciation for her right to say that without having to worry about having her head chopped off.
I know the answer to that: "No".
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:17 pm

I’m shocked. I had no idea JacksonM was a Muslim woman!
Good news everyone: AOC and Maxine Waters are going to oversee Wall Street.
All should be well from here on in. O0 #stockscreamroom
🦑
jacksonM

Post by jacksonM » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:43 pm

dualstow wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:17 pm
I have only a high school education in grammar. How could I have better said what I did to indicate I was not the Muslim woman I was talking about and avoid the confusion?
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:54 pm

Trump, the ultimate grammar Nazi, will have the SS visiting you soon to throw you into a caged death camp, along with all the journalists that are already rotting there.
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:43 pm

jacksonM wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:43 pm
dualstow wrote:
I have only a high school education in grammar. How could I have better said what I did to indicate I was not the Muslim woman I was talking about and avoid the confusion?
Sometimes there's not really much that can be done. And just because somebody can make a joke about some wording doesn't necessarily mean your meaning was unclear. That said, it would probably be clearer to change:

"As a Muslim woman however, I wonder if she has any sense of appreciation for her right to say that without having to worry about having her head chopped off."

to

"However, I wonder if she has any sense of appreciation for her right to say that as a Muslim woman without having to worry about having her head chopped off."
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:02 pm

Maybe jackson didn't play sports and thus doesn't know the proper way to deflect a ribbing. A standard "you son of a bitch" would all have been suitable. I would have gone for a "yea, my red burka says MAGA on it," but I have style.
jacksonM

Post by jacksonM » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:25 pm

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:02 pm
Maybe jackson didn't play sports and thus doesn't know the proper way to deflect a ribbing. A standard "you son of a bitch" would all have been suitable. I would have gone for a "yea, my red burka says MAGA on it," but I have style.
Actually I preferred Xan's response because I really did want to know how to say it better and he was helpful. You son of a bitch.
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:36 pm

How about this: However, I wonder if she, as a Muslim woman, has any sense of appreciation for her right to say that without having to worry about having her head chopped off.

This is fun. Let's try re-writing a whole bunch of other posts and see who can do the best job.
jacksonM

Post by jacksonM » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:52 pm

stuper1 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:36 pm
How about this: However, I wonder if she, as a Muslim woman, has any sense of appreciation for her right to say that without having to worry about having her head chopped off.

This is fun. Let's try re-writing a whole bunch of other posts and see who can do the best job.
That sounds even better. Funny thing is that when I write posts I know my writing sucks even though I think I generally get my point across and it's not too bad for someone with my limited education.

I wrote computer code for a living and was very good at it. Unlike a blog post It had to be painstakingly perfect when you hit the Submit button. Or the shit would hit the fan BIG time. (last sentence is problematic in many ways, I know already).
moda0306
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by moda0306 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:15 am

So a Palestinian woman should feel lucky and appreciative to live in the country who has helped Israel devastate her population, but a bloated Trust Fund Baby inheritor of hundreds of millions of dollars of daddy's money (and also lucky to be American vs living in several dozen alternatives) is a victim of "thu mediuh" and issues rightful scorn to libruls?

Only in America, indeed.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:44 pm

If you have the time, Cillizza does these quite a lot. If you are a Trump supporter, don't even bother reading his inserted comments, rather just read how Trump talks. It is like drunk babbling at times.

He does this a lot, the maybe yes, maybe no comments. Is it to cover his ass both ways whatever the outcome?

Anyway, the next couple years will be fun to watch.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/10/politics ... index.html
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:01 am

jacksonM wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:43 pm
dualstow wrote:
You didn’t say anything wrong. I was just purposely misinterpreting- my lame attempt at humor. I was away from the third to the tenth. (yes, I posted on the 6th). Interesting to read the intense replies that came in while I was gone. Whew.
Good news everyone: AOC and Maxine Waters are going to oversee Wall Street.
All should be well from here on in. O0 #stockscreamroom
🦑