Dems have no idea how to win in an age of Ttrump

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

farjean2
Executive Member
Executive Member

Dems have no idea how to win in an age of Ttrump

Post by farjean2 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:02 pm

That was the wording of a link on Drudge today about some election in Georgia, I guess. You can read it if you want to but I didn't.

Dems have no idea how to win in an age of Trump...
http://www.thedailybeast.com/karen-hand ... a-of-trump

Am I the only one who thought, "yeah, Republicans too"?
Simonjester wrote: the republicans have figured out how to win by shear virtue of not being democrats.. what they haven't figured out is that holding onto the win actually requires actions that are different from what the democrats would do in power... next cycle the republicans will have blown all the drain the swamp/ campaign promise good will, and the democrats take over .... win win for the establishment... :'(
Benko
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Dems have no idea how to win in an age of Ttrump

Post by Benko » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:55 am

Until the Ds figure out that working class people matter, and matter more than climate change and transsexual bathroom rights...
MWKXJ

Post by MWKXJ » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:02 pm

Benko wrote:Until the Ds figure out that working class people matter, and matter more than climate change and transsexual bathroom rights...
IMHO, Jim Webb could have undercut much of Trump's support with the military, and, his platform would have been a perfect opportunity for the Democrat party to reconnect with its working-class roots.
farjean2
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by farjean2 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:53 pm

This is basically why when I saw the headline on Drudge that I thought it also referred to Republicans.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06 ... -plan.html

The 4 key Republicans includes Rand Paul whom I respect and even voted for his Dad in a primary which was the last vote I ever cast before voting for Trump. But what I think the father taught the son that might not have been so good is the idea that the perfect can be the enemy of the good. AKA "you can't always get what you want".