Trump and Syria

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Trump and Syria

Post by dualstow »

I understand skepticism and cynicism in the face of perennially lying governments. Still, I tend to believe what I have read at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khan_Shay ... cal_attack

even without digging up the sources cited there. Now that may change. Turned out Saddam didn't have a cache of WMDs, I know. So that belief (re Khan Shaykhun) could change.

At the same time, to put the burden of proof on kbg is laughable.

Welcome to the gyro forum, where the burden of proof is not on the fringe but on the mainstream. I'd type more, but I needto go watch Capricorn One.
Simonjester wrote:
even the "no wmd" claim has been questioned as fiction put out by the perennially lying government :o
i have no idea why they would lie about that one (cover for the countries they were shipped to maybe?) but there are far to many solders who came back with illnesses and injuries related to exposure for the "none there" claim to be true -- or so they say---
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Interesting!
moda0306
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by moda0306 »

dualstow wrote:I understand skepticism and cynicism in the face of perennially lying governments. Still, I tend to believe what I have read at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khan_Shay ... cal_attack

even without digging up the sources cited there. Now that may change. Turned out Saddam didn't have a cache of WMDs, I know. So that belief (re Khan Shaykhun) could change.

At the same time, to put the burden of proof on kbg is laughable.

Welcome to the gyro forum, where the burden of proof is not on the fringe but on the mainstream. I'd type more, but I needto go watch Capricorn One.
We aren't putting much of a burden on him other than to post a source or two and provide either his or somebodies coherent tactical/strategic plan. If someone can't provide this but they are willing to snarkily advocate for launching rockets at a country and killing civilians, then I guess I'll find a way to sleep at night while they live with their "burden" while the perma-war surveillance state continues into perpetuity.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Burden of proof is just a term from logic, not something someone has to live with.
moda0306
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by moda0306 »

dualstow wrote:Burden of proof is just a term from logic, not something someone has to live with.
Exactly why it's not "laughable" to ask someone to provide it if they want to drop bombs that are sure to kill civilians and put more permanent murderous, manipulative power in the hands of a limited few.

But no need for "proof." I'd settle for evidence and a coherent strategy for starters. He's provided neither, even from a third party source. He's provided nothing but snark towards those that don't believe our government.

As for my own searching, I've found some sources for the former. No decent ones for the latter.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

We agree on the lack of a coherent strategy. At least, one has yet to be clearly presented.