The Man in the High Castle

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: The Man in the High Castle

Post by Mountaineer »

Tenn, have not heard of it but the show sounds interesting. Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out.
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
farjean2
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by farjean2 »

TennPaGa wrote:
The Man in the High Castle is an American dystopian alternative history television series produced by Amazon Studios, Scott Free, Headline Pictures, Electric Shepherd Productions and Big Light Productions.[1] The series is loosely based on the 1962 novel of the same name by American science fiction author Philip K. Dick.[2] Taking place in 1962—in an alternate history of the world in which the Axis powers won World War II and subdivided the world, splitting the United States into two powers, the Greater Nazi Reich and the Japanese Pacific States—the series follows characters from all three sides whose destinies intertwine after coming into contact with a series of propaganda films that show a vastly different history from that of their own.
My wife and I finished Season 2 this week. It is very well done. Lots of interesting characters and storylines.

Anyone else watching?
I've seen this on Amazon and watched a few minutes but the premise looked too far fetched.

But then again I had the same reaction to a series called "Breaking Bad" which I eventually ended up binge-watching over a Christmas Holiday when I decided to give it a try.

So I'll give it another shot.
l82start
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by l82start »

i gave the first couple episodes a try, then ran into difficulty getting the rest of season one to stream. It was interesting enough that i had planned to try it again, but haven't gotten around to it yet..
-Government 2020+ - a BANANA REPUBLIC - if you can keep it

-Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence
jacksonM
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jacksonM »

Just finished binge watching the third season last night. Now I'm depressed because I have to wait a whole year for season 4.

Having heard it was going to get more into the parallel universe stuff I thought it might get silly but it was quite fascinating. My only complaint is that now I think I'm going to have to go back and watch the whole thing starting with season 1 to figure out what happened in the last 5 minutes of the final episode.