"Get Out" movie

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Post Reply
whatchamacallit
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 372
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:32 pm

"Get Out" movie

Post by whatchamacallit » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:06 pm

I don't catch up on movies so much anymore but had a rare chance to see Get Out.

It was a really good break from the movies of late that all feel the same.
User avatar
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 2503
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:35 am

Re: "Get Out" movie

Post by Tortoise » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:13 am

I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this movie. Definitely not formulaic.

I'll be eager to see how Jordan Peele's film career develops. He seems quite talented.
User avatar
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 11781
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:18 am
Contact:

Re: "Get Out" movie

Post by dualstow » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:33 am

I've heard great things about it from several people. looking forward to it!

Also, Peele has a high IQ :P
traveling...
User avatar
Desert
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3237
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:39 pm

Re: "Get Out" movie

Post by Desert » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:35 pm

dualstow wrote:I've heard great things about it from several people. looking forward to it!

Also, Peele has a high IQ :P
;D
Marlb10
Associate Member
Associate Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:10 am

Re: "Get Out" movie

Post by Marlb10 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:09 am

Haha, I have recently watched it and enjoyed. A good movie!

I don't watch movies regularly but very often I find my self craving for some good movies. This was one of it! A very different too!
Marlb10
Associate Member
Associate Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:10 am

Re: "Get Out" movie

Post by Marlb10 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:57 am

Hey any good movie you might want to suggest here? The weekend is here and I might have time for 2 to 3 movies :P

So hit me here
User avatar
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 4388
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:54 am

Re: "Get Out" movie

Post by Mountaineer » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:32 am

Marlb10 wrote:Hey any good movie you might want to suggest here? The weekend is here and I might have time for 2 to 3 movies :P

So hit me here
If you have any interest in history and/or the Lutheran Reformation, the 1954 version of Martin Luther is quite good. The 500th anniversary is October 31, 2017.

http://www.glkvideo.com/home/view/watch ... ther-1954/
Psalm 146
Marlb10
Associate Member
Associate Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:10 am

Re: "Get Out" movie

Post by Marlb10 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:50 am

Mountaineer wrote:
Marlb10 wrote:Hey any good movie you might want to suggest here? The weekend is here and I might have time for 2 to 3 movies :P

So hit me here
If you have any interest in history and/or the Lutheran Reformation, the 1954 version of Martin Luther is quite good. The 500th anniversary is October 31, 2017.

http://www.glkvideo.com/home/view/watch ... ther-1954/

Oh yes definitely! I'll give it a watch this weekend. I enjoyed my last week watching Sleepless and Assassin Creed. Good movies!
Post Reply