Declaration of Independence

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Declaration of Independence

Post by dualstow »

farjean2 wrote:Is there one honest person here who doesn't believe that blacks, on the average, have lower IQs than whites? Seriously?

The standard pecking order today as far as intelligence goes from highest to lowest IQ seems to be Jews, Asians, Whites, Blacks (forget latinos, that's mostly made up and most are white or mixed).
Is this in the States or in the world?
🍍
farjean2
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by farjean2 »

dualstow wrote:
farjean2 wrote:Is there one honest person here who doesn't believe that blacks, on the average, have lower IQs than whites? Seriously?

The standard pecking order today as far as intelligence goes from highest to lowest IQ seems to be Jews, Asians, Whites, Blacks (forget latinos, that's mostly made up and most are white or mixed).
Is this in the States or in the world?
No other country that I know of has the cultural/racial differences that the U.S.A. has, so I',m talking only the U.S.A. to have any significant statistics worth giving credence to. We are still the great melting pot of races, as far as I know.

In regards to blacks, they didn't come of their own free will which is one thing I will grant them in their favor in regards to IQ. We probably didn't get the best and brightest. Just the most easily caught by the slave traders. In regards to other immigrants, we may not have gotten the best and brightest but we probably got the most ambitious and adventurous so that should probably be factored in.

But Okay, now we are in a thread about the Declaration of Independence and All men being created Equal, so I have to step back and think about it.

Basically, I think it is a nice concept and one we should follow, but NO, I don't think it is really true.
Simonjester wrote:
i don't think the equal in the declaration is referring to physically or mentally equal anyway, it is being equal with regards to our rights that they are talking about..
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 »

farjean2 wrote:
Xan wrote:The question at hand here isn't whether blacks have lower IQs (I have no idea), or whether that's malleable (I assume it would be), or whether even if true it can or should affect anybody's interaction with any individual (it certainly shouldn't).

Is it a thought crime (aka "hate") to suggest the idea? That's the question here.
Is there one honest person here who doesn't believe that blacks, on the average, have lower IQs than whites? Seriously?

I would suggest that the average black person is smart enough to know that is true whether they admit or not (and I'm just talking about the average, please).

I read somewhere that there is some kind of test that can measure innate intelligence by simply having someone stare at a dot on the wall but it isn't going any where due to the socio-political ramifications. Don't know if that is actually true but I respect the person who wrote it and his scientific acumen.

I'm #3, the lower half of the totem poll myself. Does that bother me? Not at all. Seems about right to me (though Asian is WAY too broad a category based on my experience - probably the same holds true for other racial groups as well).
You are not allowed to notice this; it is thoughtcrime!

Please report to the nearest re-education center to improve your attitude! :P

(Of course it is NOT thoughtcrime to notice that blacks dominate in many sports...)
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 »

Simonjester wrote:
farjean2 wrote: But Okay, now we are in a thread about the Declaration of Independence and All men being created Equal, so I have to step back and think about it.

Basically, I think it is a nice concept and one we should follow, but NO, I don't think it is really true.
i don't think the equal in the declaration is referring to physically or mentally equal anyway, it is being equal with regards to our rights that they are talking about..
Correct, and I think that it is a great step forward that we actually try to apply that definition of equality (equal rights) to everyone in the United States, which the white men who signed the Declaration of Independence didn't always do, to put it mildly.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Remember this thread?

The Week, which I consider to be fairly left and liberal, slammed the SPLC today:

http://theweek.com/articles/759498/sad- ... law-center

“The sad hysteria of the Southern Poverty Law Center”
🍍
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel »

Christina Hoff Sommers... a "known fascist."

These fuckwits are the intellectual equivalent of People Of Walmart.
ochotona
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by ochotona »

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor."

Honor is mostly gone now.