Hurricane Matthew

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Reub
Executive Member
Executive Member

Hurricane Matthew

Post by Reub »

Good luck to those of you in the Southeast. Hurricane Matthew is a beast and might go bye twice. Stay safe!
curlew
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Matthew

Post by curlew »

Reub wrote:Good luck to those of you in the Southeast. Hurricane Matthew is a beast and might go bye twice. Stay safe!
We only have a tropical storm watch here in Tampa Bay but it looks like the whole east coast of Florida could be in for some major devastation.
dragoncar
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Hermine

Post by dragoncar »

It's levioSAAHH
MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Hermine

Post by MachineGhost »

dragoncar wrote:It's levioSAAHH
???
"All generous minds have a horror of what are commonly called 'Facts'. They are the brute beasts of the intellectual domain." -- Thomas Hobbes

Disclaimer: I am not a broker, dealer, investment advisor, physician, theologian or prophet.  I should not be considered as legally permitted to render such advice!
MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Hurrican Matthew

Post by MachineGhost »

26 dead already from a Hurricane? Isn't that rather unusual in the USA?
"All generous minds have a horror of what are commonly called 'Facts'. They are the brute beasts of the intellectual domain." -- Thomas Hobbes

Disclaimer: I am not a broker, dealer, investment advisor, physician, theologian or prophet.  I should not be considered as legally permitted to render such advice!
curlew
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by curlew »

MachineGhost wrote:26 dead already from a Hurricane? Isn't that rather unusual in the USA?
I don't think the 26 dead are in the USA. It's just starting to hit the USA now.
Reub
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Reub »

curlew wrote:
MachineGhost wrote:26 dead already from a Hurricane? Isn't that rather unusual in the USA?
I don't think the 26 dead are in the USA. It's just starting to hit the USA now.

"At least 53 people died in New York as a result of the storm (Sandy). Thousands of homes and an estimated 250,000 vehicles were destroyed during the storm, and the economic losses across New York were estimated to be at least $18 billion."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_o ... n_New_York