Search engine recommendations?

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

clacy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Search engine recommendations?

Post by clacy »

Any suggestions for a good search engine that isn't working in concert with the Democratic party like Google is?
Steve Brule

Re: Search engine recommendations?

Post by Steve Brule »

I am a big fan of DuckDuckGo; the search results are high quality, it doesn't track you and as an added bonus the people behind it donate large sums of money to support technologies that respect our privacy.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer »

Ditto re DDG.

...Mountaineer
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t »

Startpage

No tracking

Based in eu

Visit sites thru proxy
MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by MachineGhost »

Startpage and Ixquick filter Google's results though. The OP didn't want to support Google. I'm currently giving DDG a shot but don't like the results too much but it could be I'm so used to how Google returns them and need to adjust to less noise.
"All generous minds have a horror of what are commonly called 'Facts'. They are the brute beasts of the intellectual domain." -- Thomas Hobbes

Disclaimer: I am not a broker, dealer, investment advisor, physician, theologian or prophet.  I should not be considered as legally permitted to render such advice!