All Things Permanent Health

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: All Things Permanent Health

Post by MachineGhost » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:34 pm

Benko wrote:Thanks MG. Could you post the source for that chart?
http://expirebox.com/download/635e77f6f ... 8d7e3.html
"All generous minds have a horror of what are commonly called 'Facts'. They are the brute beasts of the intellectual domain." -- Thomas Hobbes

Disclaimer: I am not a broker, dealer, investment advisor, physician, theologian or prophet.  I should not be considered as legally permitted to render such advice!
MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by MachineGhost » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:58 pm

Make sure to read about the zinc carnosine and NCGS studies as they may be relevant to your SIBO. ZC is one of the things I've never tried since its a bit pricey for the dose required.
Last edited by MachineGhost on Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All generous minds have a horror of what are commonly called 'Facts'. They are the brute beasts of the intellectual domain." -- Thomas Hobbes

Disclaimer: I am not a broker, dealer, investment advisor, physician, theologian or prophet.  I should not be considered as legally permitted to render such advice!
Benko
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Benko » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:16 pm

Thanks much.

I guess it is time to subscribe to examine's monthly updates.
MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by MachineGhost » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:18 pm

Benko wrote:Thanks much.

I guess it is time to subscribe to examine's monthly updates.
Yeah, it's surprisingly high quality. Tempted myself since I wasn't aware of NCGS until just now.

MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by MachineGhost » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:20 pm

40% off: http://examine.com/store/erd/

Still at bit too much for me.

MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by MachineGhost » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:01 am

Watson offers a cognitive computing approach to diagnosis, whereas CrowdMed harnesses the collective intelligence of actual humans. AI and machine learning-based systems like Watson cannot yet interact with patients or make sense of the type of medical case data that our human Medical Detectives can. That said, we're in ongoing partnership discussions with Watson with the goal of combining the complimentary strengths of "man and machine" to bring CrowdMed patients the best of both worlds.
And in other news, uBiome is now offering a clinical-grade SmartGut kit which will check for dysbiosis, infections, etc. besides sequencing your gut microbiome. It requires a doctor to sign off on it, but it looks like they will do the dirty work of contacting the physician to get permission before they mail you the kit (and insurance will cover the cost). Very exciting to be able to virtually bypass the stifling bureaucracy and ignorance!

Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:18 am

Re the butter chart:

Maybe last night's $500 migraine made me stupid (they tend to do that), but I can't make heads or tails of that chart. What is it telling us?