Citizen's Dividend

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Citizen's Dividend

Post by vnatale »

Pointedstick wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:47 am The golden age of activism is in your 20s. My SJW acquaintances are beginning to age out of it as they realize that it doesn't bring in any real money and being dead broke all the time as an adult really sucks. However, older SJW types I know never lose the fire-- they just enter compatible careers, like journalist, magazine editor, lawyer (civil rights or criminal defense, of course) college professor, or head of a nonprofit.
Or, in the extreme.....become a major in Vermont, then go to the Senate and then perpetually run for president while somehow also doing his senatorial duties!

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Citizen's Dividend

Post by Libertarian666 »

vnatale wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:19 pm
Pointedstick wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:47 am The golden age of activism is in your 20s. My SJW acquaintances are beginning to age out of it as they realize that it doesn't bring in any real money and being dead broke all the time as an adult really sucks. However, older SJW types I know never lose the fire-- they just enter compatible careers, like journalist, magazine editor, lawyer (civil rights or criminal defense, of course) college professor, or head of a nonprofit.
Or, in the extreme.....become a major in Vermont, then go to the Senate and then perpetually run for president while somehow also doing his senatorial duties!

Vinny
Fortunately for him (and maybe the rest of us) he hasn't bothered much with his Senatorial duties, having almost no legislation to his credit. If "credit" is the right word.