The Left is eating itself

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Gabe

The Left is eating itself

Post by Gabe » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:53 pm

Not exactly new, but I just stumbled across it, and it was too good not to share:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/3 ... te-man-now

And the same story from a more reputable source: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/19/magaz ... .html?_r=0
Last edited by Gabe on Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moda0306
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: The Left is eating itself

Post by moda0306 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:06 pm

The right dies with old age.

The left eats itself.

It's forces one to ask, "what happens when a pathetic, neutered force meets an obsolete, fragile object?"

Meanwhile the rich get richer and the poor refuse to stop shitting out kids.

:)

Watching my lefty friends focus on the perfect equality of obscure groups while collectively shrugging at mass surveillance because it's Obama doing it is one of the more depressing things to see in politics.
"Men did not make the earth. It is the value of the improvements only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property. Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds."

- Thomas Paine
moda0306
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by moda0306 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:27 am

craigr wrote: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.2535150
A Seattle, Wash. community is in uproar after a man undressed in the women’s locker room at a local pool, seemingly to test a new rule that allows transgender people to use the bathroom of their gender identity, according to King 5 News.

An unidentified man wearing board shorts walked into the women’s bathroom of Evans Pool, in the heart of Seattle, on Monday evening.
He returned to the restroom for a second time later that evening, when young girls were changing for swim practice.

People who frequent Evans Pool were outraged that the man would take advantage of the new rule, designed to protect the rights of the transgender community.

(emphasis added)

I love watching this stuff. The cognitive dissonance must be causing smoke to come from the left's ears as they try to sort out the victim group pecking order: Women or transgenders? Who do I side with? Can I get some PC guidance here?

It also speaks to the degraded culture of Seattle that nobody took action or even tried to call the police on this pervert. They have been completely brainwashed.

When the moral relativism of the left takes hold it is no longer possible to assert right from wrong. Who are we to judge? If you don't want your six year old daughter in the shower room with a grown man wearing a dress, that makes you the problem. Don't want to be transphobic, right?
I re-assert my proposal for chromosome-based bathroom assignment.

Btw, does anyone know how locker/bathroom norms came about anyway?  I have to admit, they seem quite arbitrary. And am I the only one here who would like for men over 50 to have their own separate locker room!?  What is it about you guys and walking around naked for 45 minutes after a workout!!!???
"Men did not make the earth. It is the value of the improvements only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property. Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds."

- Thomas Paine
Greg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Greg » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:37 am

moda0306 wrote: Btw, does anyone know how locker/bathroom norms came about anyway?  I have to admit, they seem quite arbitrary. And am I the only one here who would like for men over 50 to have their own separate locker room!?  What is it about you guys and walking around naked for 45 minutes after a workout!!!???
I totally agree. I work out at an Army gym (I work for the government), and I constantly have to blur my vision when I enter the locker room because there is a good chance I'll see guy butt or something else as soon as I enter. There is no warning, just a metaphorical (ideally) slap to the face.
Background: Mechanical Engineering, Robotics, Control Systems, CAD Modeling, Machining, Wearable Exoskeletons, Applied Physiology, Drawing (Pencil/Charcoal), Drums, Guitar/Bass, Piano, Flute

"you are not disabled by your disabilities but rather, abled by your abilities." -Oscar Pistorius
Michellebell

Post by Michellebell » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:17 pm

This thread is hilarious! 

I'm trying to think of any life experience I've had that relates to this though and I can't.  I guess that's a good thing. 
Greg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Greg » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:54 am

Michellebell wrote: This thread is hilarious! 

I'm trying to think of any life experience I've had that relates to this though and I can't.  I guess that's a good thing.
I tell my wife about these things and she finds it hilarious as well because when she goes in her girl's locker room (which I imagine has pillow fights, smooth funk music playing, and everyone looks like a supermodel), she never sees women walking around naked. Not sure if it is just more practical for guys to walk around naked, and that's what guys are all about, or women worry more about judging if people walked around naked, I dunno.
Background: Mechanical Engineering, Robotics, Control Systems, CAD Modeling, Machining, Wearable Exoskeletons, Applied Physiology, Drawing (Pencil/Charcoal), Drums, Guitar/Bass, Piano, Flute

"you are not disabled by your disabilities but rather, abled by your abilities." -Oscar Pistorius
Reub
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Reub » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:26 pm

The over 50 year olds are strategically placed in the locker rooms to serve to give the younger members a glimpse into their own futures and insure  membership renewals. I thought that everyone knew this.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:36 pm

Greg wrote:
Michellebell wrote: This thread is hilarious! 

I tell my wife about these things and she finds it hilarious as well because when she goes in her girl's locker room (which I imagine has pillow fights, smooth funk music playing, and everyone looks like a supermodel), she never sees women walking around naked. Not sure if it is just more practical for guys to walk around naked, and that's what guys are all about, or women worry more about judging if people walked around naked, I dunno.
The crazy thing is, women are LEAST likely to suffer devastating attacks on their genitals. Men can get hit with snapping towels, an inadvertent backpack swing, or someone practicing martial arts. Our junk is completely vulnerable. Scroti are silly.
There's this very disturbing set of studies where about half the articles printed in Science and Nature magazines, the two leading publications, involved experiments that could not be repeated by anybody.
- Peter Thiel
Gabe

Post by Gabe » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:18 pm

craigr wrote: It also speaks to the degraded culture of Seattle that nobody took action or even tried to call the police on this pervert. They have been completely brainwashed.
I was just visiting a good friend in Portland and couple nights ago we went out to a bar for some local color. A fat, presumably feminist, girl with a degree in sociology from UC Berkeley came over to ruthlessly hit on me. We were drunk and amused so we humored her with conversation for a few minutes before we left.

Totally unbidden, she introduced gender fluidity into the conversation, explaining to me how all restrooms should be co-ed because segregated restrooms were unfair to the many people who were born with a gender identity different from the one they were assigned by society. In retrospect, I should have effected a look of earnest confusion and asked her if gender fluid was something manufactured locally in Portland. I’m dumbfounded, albeit not entirely surprised, that this is a topic she introduced within minutes of initiating the bar courtship ritual.

I’m not sure what the deal is with the Pacific Northwest, but it would seem some gender fluid is leaking into the water supply.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:56 am

Gabe wrote:
craigr wrote: It also speaks to the degraded culture of Seattle that nobody took action or even tried to call the police on this pervert. They have been completely brainwashed.
I was just visiting a good friend in Portland and couple nights ago we went out to a bar for some local color. A fat, presumably feminist, girl with a degree in sociology from UC Berkeley came over to ruthlessly hit on me. We were drunk and amused so we humored her with conversation for a few minutes before we left.

Totally unbidden, she introduced gender fluidity into the conversation, explaining to me how all restrooms should be co-ed because segregated restrooms were unfair to the many people who were born with a gender identity different from the one they were assigned by society. In retrospect, I should have effected a look of earnest confusion and asked her if gender fluid was something manufactured locally in Portland. I’m dumbfounded, albeit not entirely surprised, that this is a topic she introduced within minutes of initiating the bar courtship ritual.

I’m not sure what the deal is with the Pacific Northwest, but it would seem some gender fluid is leaking into the water supply.
Gabe, you passed on an opportunity for a fluid threesome?  I'm shocked.  ;)  ;D

... M
Vocation - doing what God has given me to do for the sake of the other.
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by technovelist » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:23 am

Gabe wrote:

This may be off topic, but "Gender Fluid" would be a great name for a rock band.
Another nod to the most beautiful equation: e + 1 = 0
Michellebell

Post by Michellebell » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:58 am

I've never before heard the phrase "gender fluid" before.  I had to look it up to see if it's a real thing.  So strange!