Armageddon In Paris

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Armageddon In Paris

Post by dualstow »

Reub wrote: Woman blows herself up using suicide belt as authorities close in. No, not in Ramadi, but in Paris today. So much for the argument of allowing only women and children refugees from Syria into this country.
I don't know if you're familiar with Steven Salaita. He was part of a hiring scandal at U of Illnois recently. In short, he was writing a lot of heated tweets the last time Israel was firing missiles into Palestine, and some powerful Jewish donors made sure that he was not hired as a result. I can't decide if I'm on his side or not.  I'm all for freedom of speech, but some of his tweets were basically the old blood libel, e.g. "would anyone be surprised if Netanyahu wore a necklace made of the teeth of Palestinian children?"He ultimately got an $800K settlement as a result of spewing this, so he's not exactly a victim.

Anyway, he recently tweeted this:
Having been to France many times, and living now in Lebanon, I can totally see why people call Paris the Beirut of Western Europe.
The interesting thing is, he tweeted this on November 5th. So, while his comment turned out to be true in that Paris now like his beloved Beirut, it is not true in the way that he had hoped.  :-\
🍍