Religion Of Peace At It Again

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Religion Of Peace At It Again

Post by WiseOne »

Definitely the British deserve a lot of the blame.

One thing everyone forgets is that the UN's land division proposal put most of the water sources on the Jewish side.  The Palestinians couldn't possibly have accepted that situation.

As far as the "concentration camp" term, I think that describes Gaza very well.  "Internment camp" will do in a pinch.  If you get a chance to go there and see for yourself, do so.  My sister managed to do that by finding a Palestinian taxi driver in Jerusalem who was willing take her through the checkpoints.  That was quite a while ago though, not sure it would work now.

Also - I wasn't trying to describe the entire political landscape, just the untold story of how events unfolded from the point of view of the people who were displaced.  There will never be any shortage of arguments defending Israel's actions as history always favors the victors, but until the true events are acknowledged I don't see that anything is going to get solved.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

I like your ideas, PM!- er, PS.  And definitely they would need good water access. Per WiseOne's post, rejecting an unfair deal is not really a rejection.

Still, I'm thinking about the Oslo Accords in the 90s. A lot of people were hopeful back then.  :-\
🍍
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

The Israelis would also be winners from that deal. Better security / less terrorism, and as long as they leave the Palestinian state alone, it would be harder for the Irish or the Norwegians, or hell, the rest of the world, to demonize them as sadists who do what they do out of bloodlust.
🍍
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

WiseOne wrote: There will never be any shortage of arguments defending Israel's actions as history always favors the victors
Certainly true, but in this crazy world, Hamas writes their own version of current events and a lot of people believe it. I don't know whether or not history will concur, but one example is children carrying AK-47's from dead Palestinian fighters to live ones. These fighters were being picked off by Israeli snipers, and eventually the snipers were told to halt because a miscalculation could have resulted in a dead kid. At least, that was the Israeli version.

The Palestinian version was to show the dead fighters who of course no longer had their AK's, on television, and to announce that the IDF had "killed unarmed Palestinians."
🍍
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

In an October 9 Friday sermon delivered at the Al-Abrar Mosque in Rafah, the Gaza Strip, Sheikh Muhammad Sallah "Abu Rajab" brandished a knife, calling upon his brothers in the West Bank: "Stab!" "Oh young men of the West Bank: Attack in threes and fours," he said, and "cut them into body parts."

Following are excerpts...
http://www.memri.org/clip_transcript/en/5098.htm
🍍
Reub
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Reub »

And so goes the religion of peace. Isn't it interesting how they can find excuses all over the world for killing innocent women and children and destroying sacred holy sites?
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

UNRWA youth ambassador cheers Palestinian shooting & stabbing attacks on Israelis
UNRWA youth ambassador Mohammed Assaf — one of ten UNRWA figures identified as online inciters in this new UN Watch report — has just released a new music video encouraging the ongoing epidemic of Palestinian rioting, stabbing and shooting attacks against Israelis
http://www.unwatch.org/video-by-unrwa-y ... -israelis/
🍍
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer »

dualstow wrote: UNRWA youth ambassador cheers Palestinian shooting & stabbing attacks on Israelis
UNRWA youth ambassador Mohammed Assaf — one of ten UNRWA figures identified as online inciters in this new UN Watch report — has just released a new music video encouraging the ongoing epidemic of Palestinian rioting, stabbing and shooting attacks against Israelis
http://www.unwatch.org/video-by-unrwa-y ... -israelis/
This is a sidetrack comment, but this story is an example of how foolish "gun control" proponents are.  If one does not have a pistol, revolver, rifle, or military "style" weapon, one just uses the tool that is available to do another person harm - in this case a knife or a mass riot.  Once again, it is not the tool that is the problem - it is the person using it for ill purposes.

... M
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Mountaineer wrote: This is a sidetrack comment, but this story is an example of how foolish "gun control" proponents are.  If one does not have a pistol, revolver, rifle, or military "style" weapon, one just uses the tool that is available to do another person harm - in this case a knife or a mass riot.  Once again, it is not the tool that is the problem - it is the person using it for ill purposes.
This is for you, M:
More Israelis Buy Arms as Attacks Mount
Wave of stabbings by Palestinians prompts calls for citizens to defend themselves

“Everybody is afraid,” said Mr. Mizrahi, as he sold a customer a Glock 9x19mm pistol for 4,200 shekels ($1,095). “If somebody comes at you with a knife, you don’t want to take a chance about it.”
http://www.wsj.com/articles/more-israel ... 1445216111

I wonder if they're relaxing the restrictions on legally obtaining a firearm this week.
Last edited by dualstow on Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
🍍
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer »

dualstow wrote:
Mountaineer wrote: This is a sidetrack comment, but this story is an example of how foolish "gun control" proponents are.  If one does not have a pistol, revolver, rifle, or military "style" weapon, one just uses the tool that is available to do another person harm - in this case a knife or a mass riot.  Once again, it is not the tool that is the problem - it is the person using it for ill purposes.
This is for you, M:
More Israelis Buy Arms as Attacks Mount
Wave of stabbings by Palestinians prompts calls for citizens to defend themselves

“Everybody is afraid,” said Mr. Mizrahi, as he sold a customer a Glock 9x19mm pistol for 4,200 shekels ($1,095). “If somebody comes at you with a knife, you don’t want to take a chance about it.”
http://www.wsj.com/articles/more-israel ... 1445216111

I wonder if they're relaxing the restrictions on legally obtaining a firearm this week.
That is quite pricy for that item.  I smell a tool-running opportunity.  ;D

Shalom awaits.

... M
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Israeli Restaurant offers 50% discount to Jews & Arabs who dine together
Sweet!  8)
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/israe ... er-n447616
🍍
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

I think this thread fizzled out because Islamist attacks have been overshadowed by quite a few white nationalist attacks. Anyone else notice that? Lots of homegrown terrorism and old fashioned “going postal.”
🍍
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 »

Hypocrisy is hypocrisy. If we see some white dude killing brown and black people and claiming that God is pleased with him for it, I presume we will condemn him as much as if it's an Islamist killing infidels. I can't remember a whole lot of the former happening.

I'm pretty much with Tucker Carlson on this one. I imagine that all the white nationalists in this country would fit into a small stadium. There are probably as many FBI agents posing as white nationalists to infiltrate their groups as there are actual white nationalists.

If I'm a nationalist and I happen to be white, does that make me a white nationalist? I bet the New York Times wouldn't think twice about portraying me as such. Be careful what you believe from the mass media. Now that the Russian collusion hoax is dying off, the latest mania seems to be the white nationalism scare. In truth, the USA is probably one of the least racist countries on earth. If that's not true, then how come so many people of color are trying to come here?
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

oh, it’s definitely got nothing to do with religion.

No, you’re not a white nationalist.
🍍
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel »

I keep up with it, but do you really want me constantly linking to depressing shit?
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Kriegsspiel wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:27 pm I keep up with it, but do you really want me constantly linking to depressing shit?
How about occasionally linking to depressing shit O0
🍍
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Ignore the old thread title. I'm not necessarily against this (though ask me again if it comes to my area and wakes me up). The city has a significant Muslim population. Second largest (by %) in the U.S.
I just have to raise Reub's hackles once in a while.

http://patersontimes.com/2020/02/19/pat ... to-prayer/
🍍
Ad Orientem
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Ad Orientem »

dualstow wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:22 am Ignore the old thread title. I'm not necessarily against this (though ask me again if it comes to my area and wakes me up). The city has a significant Muslim population. Second largest (by %) in the U.S.

I don't think Reub is around anymore.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Ad Orientem wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:09 pm
dualstow wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:22 am Ignore the old thread title. I'm not necessarily against this (though ask me again if it comes to my area and wakes me up). The city has a significant Muslim population. Second largest (by %) in the U.S.

I don't think Reub is around anymore.

He still reads.
🍍
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel »

Islam did just fine for centuries without electronically amplified call to prayer and I would prefer it that way.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel »

Kriegsspiel wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:28 pm
A top government official in France has admitted that draconian lockdown measures being imposed on the rest of the population shouldn’t be implemented in the country’s migrant-heavy ghettos in order to prevent riots. link
LOL. So diverse.
France’s anti-terrorism prosecutor’s office will investigate a knife attack in the southeastern French town of Romans-sur-Isère on Saturday in which a man killed two people and wounded five.

The attack took place while people were out shopping. Like the rest of France, the town is currently under a coronavirus lockdown, although residents are allowed out to buy essentials.

“Preliminary investigations have revealed a determined murderous course aimed at seriously disturbing public order by intimidation or terror,” the prosecutor’s office said in the statement.

It said that a search of the home of the 33-year-old suspect of Sudanese origin, revealed documents with a religious connotation in which the author complained in particular of living in a country of “unbelievers”.

The suspect was arrested while kneeling on a sidewalk and praying in the Arabic language. . . The attacks took place in the morning outside a bakery where customers were queuing, and at shops in the town centre, according to Mayor Marie-Hélène Thoraval. link
Still being fuckheads I see.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

The other Vice segment last night after ‘Sim Kids’ was the families of Isis fighter who are of stuck in limbo, because no country wants them. A native speaker of Arabic working for Vice interviewed some young boys, and they basically wanted to kill her. A woman not wearing her veil!

At least the 11-year-old girl was acting like a normal 11-year-old girl.

The adult women...were teaching Sharia law to the little boys.
🍍
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Many who hate the West were actually born in the West.
This doesn’t really answer your question, but it’s got a few points:
https://www.politico.eu/article/brussel ... ort-metro/
🍍
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel »

Again, from France; a Chechen immigrant decapitated a teacher outside of his school for showing Charlie Hebdo cartoons after paying students $350 to identify him.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

As Karl Popper stated in his tolerance paradox, you have to be intolerant of the intolerant to maintain a tolerant society.
🍍