Libya - Next 9/11?

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

TBV
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Libya - Next 9/11?

Post by TBV »

Another ringing endorsement for physical gold, this time from Libya.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/588ce75a-53e4 ... z1HGfs2GWN
TBV
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by TBV »

Here's an encapsulated summary of what a thorough discussion of the Libyan situation should sound like.

http://www.breitbart.tv/kucinich-slams- ... -rhetoric/
AdamA
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by AdamA »

moda0306 wrote: I don't want to get in a straw man game where we're simply pointing out the dumbest arguments of the other side and try to act like we just won an argument. 
That's the toughest thing about these discussions.  It's very difficult to quesiton people, even if you are genuinely curious, because things so heated so quickly. 
"All men's miseries derive from not being able to sit in a quiet room alone."

Pascal
Lone Wolf
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Lone Wolf »

TBV wrote: Another ringing endorsement for physical gold, this time from Libya.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/588ce75a-53e4 ... z1HGfs2GWN
This whole image of Qaddafi as a gold bug is amusing.  Does this mean that Libya is the only participant in this conflict that can afford to finance her own war spending?  Looks like China is footing the bill for everyone else.

In fact, this whole situation has grown bizarre.  The President has stuck the country into war without Congressional authorization (something he said should never ever be done.)  He then immediately jetted off on vacation.

Meanwhile somewhere in his lair near the field of battle, Qaddafi sits on a heaping pile of gold doubloons surrounded by busty Ukrainian nurses.

I don't know what the end to this weird story will be.  If I were writing the screenplay, in the last scene Barack Obama would beat Qaddafi to death with his Nobel Peace Prize.
MediumTex
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MediumTex »

Lone Wolf wrote: I don't know what the end to this weird story will be.  If I were writing the screenplay, in the last scene Barack Obama would beat Qaddafi to death with his Nobel Peace Prize.
Perhaps they could do a cage match a la Thunderdome.  That would provide a pretext for them to each be wearing leather chaps.
Q: “Do you have funny shaped balloons?”
A: “Not unless round is funny.”
Lone Wolf
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Lone Wolf »

MediumTex wrote:
Lone Wolf wrote: I don't know what the end to this weird story will be.  If I were writing the screenplay, in the last scene Barack Obama would beat Qaddafi to death with his Nobel Peace Prize.
Perhaps they could do a cage match a la Thunderdome.  That would provide a pretext for them to each be wearing leather chaps.
Oh my goodness.  If the project could snag Tina Turner, this whole thread would need to be moved to the "Variable Portfolio" and re-titled "Opportunity to Invest in the Best Movie Ever".
MediumTex
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MediumTex »

Lone Wolf wrote:
MediumTex wrote:
Oh my goodness.  If the project could snag Tina Turner, this whole thread would need to be moved to the "Variable Portfolio" and re-titled "Opportunity to Invest in the Best Movie Ever".
Mad Barack: Beyond No-Fly Zone Dome
Q: “Do you have funny shaped balloons?”
A: “Not unless round is funny.”
6 Iron
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by 6 Iron »

Lone Wolf wrote:
Meanwhile somewhere in his lair near the field of battle, Qaddafi sits on a heaping pile of gold doubloons surrounded by busty Ukrainian nurses.

I don't know what the end to this weird story will be.  If I were writing the screenplay, in the last scene Barack Obama would beat Qaddafi to death with his Nobel Peace Prize.
The sequel with Kim Jong-il practically writes itself. I do hope that you can find a role for the Ukrainian nurses.