A new forum for our political discussions

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Gumby
Executive Member
Executive Member

A new forum for our political discussions

Post by Gumby »

It's no secret that crawlingroad and gyroscopicinvesting are terrific resources to discuss the inner workings of the Permanent Portfolio and the free market. And I agree that politics should not be a topic that is discussed on this forum — political opinions would only detract from the discussions about the Permanent Portfolio and the important investment analysis that takes place on this forum.

However, HB was very political and the Permanent Portfolio made me look at the world in ways I wasn't expecting. I think it would be therapeutic and even helpful to be able to ask political questions and share opinions in a nonpartisan forum.

If any group of users can have an honest and respectful discussion about politics, it would be the members of this forum who have all opened their minds enough to understand such an uncommon approach to investing. And I think having the discussion in a separate forum is an experiment worth trying.

With that in mind, I would like to invite everyone here to visit a new forum I just created this weekend to discuss politics and economics. It should be live now:

Politonomics.org

I should stress that this is going to be an experiment. And one very important rule is that discussions about investing in the Permanent Portfolio should not take place on Politonomics.org. Permanent Portfolio discussions should take place on Gyroscopicinvesting.com.

If the new forum proves to be unsuccessful, or there is no demand to keep it running, I will simply shut it down after a few weeks. It took very little time for me to put it together (I'm a freelance web developer) so I figure it is an experiment that's worth trying.

Hopefully Politonomics.org can become a place where members of Bogleheads.org, Gyroscopicinvesting.com or CrawlingRoad.com can have highly intellectual discussions about politics and economics that are respectful, cordial and without prejudice.

I've added the option to register/login with Facebook, Twitter or Google IDs to make participation easier. If anyone wants to be a Moderator (i.e. have the ability to delete/edit posts), just let me know. (Craigr and MT, I will certainly grant you both Moderator privileges).

Let me know your thoughts or suggestions.
Last edited by Gumby on Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing I say should be construed as advice or expertise. I am only sharing opinions which may or may not be applicable in any given case.