Saudi Arabia/Egypt -vs- Iran proxy war in Yeman

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

clacy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Saudi Arabia/Egypt -vs- Iran proxy war in Yeman

Post by clacy »

Maybe the Middle East just needs to have an all out war and settle this once and for all?

It's a highly complex situation between foes and faux allies.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Saudi Arabia/Egypt -vs- Iran proxy war in Yeman

Post by Mountaineer »

clacy wrote: Maybe the Middle East just needs to have an all out war and settle this once and for all?

It's a highly complex situation between foes and faux allies.
Don't you mean once and for a few years?  ;D

... Mountaineer
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged »

At the risk of saying the obvious, if the rest of the world isn't careful, it could become WW III.  The only thing is, I don't see any enthusiasm for say Russia to line up on one side against say the west on the other side. 

But then there is Israel, and all of their supporters.  I don't know how that all would factor.
Stay free, my friends.
clacy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by clacy »

Richard Engle summary of our involvement with Iran probably says it best....

"The US is helping Iran in Iraq (against ISIS), fighting against Iran in Syria and Yemen, and negotiating with Iran in Switzerland"
MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by MachineGhost »

clacy wrote: "The US is helping Iran in Iraq (against ISIS), fighting against Iran in Syria and Yemen, and negotiating with Iran in Switzerland"
Sloppy pandering.  A country -- not even Iran -- is not a homogenous entity.  All Shiites are Muslim but not all Muslims are Shiites.
"All generous minds have a horror of what are commonly called 'Facts'. They are the brute beasts of the intellectual domain." -- Thomas Hobbes

Disclaimer: I am not a broker, dealer, investment advisor, physician, theologian or prophet.  I should not be considered as legally permitted to render such advice!