The Republican Field To Take On Hillary

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: The Republican Field To Take On Hillary

Post by MachineGhost »

TennPaGa wrote: This is why he was a dud?!
Maybe the fact that he disrespected them dressing casually is just a low-brow revenge way of dimissing him rather than by bringing attention to his policy choices which stinky old fart conservatives don't endorse, i.e. pro-immigration and anti-war.  In other words, they're saying he's not a contender (which should not be news to anyone).
So why are the Kochs sinking money into Republican-oriented and even some conservative groups? It’s time for traditional conservatives to examine what appears to be a Koch plan to move the Republican Party to the left on social and foreign policy issues.
One can only hope!  But I believe their true agenda is just to maximize their business profits.  Libertarianism just happens to be that way forward.
Last edited by MachineGhost on Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All generous minds have a horror of what are commonly called 'Facts'. They are the brute beasts of the intellectual domain." -- Thomas Hobbes

Disclaimer: I am not a broker, dealer, investment advisor, physician, theologian or prophet.  I should not be considered as legally permitted to render such advice!
Reub
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Reub »

Scott Walker is moving up quickly. The liberal press will have to try to destroy him soon.
MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by MachineGhost »

Reub wrote: Scott Walker is moving up quickly. The liberal press will have to try to destroy him soon.
You are correct.  He is now second to Bush for the Republican nomination; however for actually winning the Presidency he's at the sheer bottom which is what I reported before.  Very weird.
"All generous minds have a horror of what are commonly called 'Facts'. They are the brute beasts of the intellectual domain." -- Thomas Hobbes

Disclaimer: I am not a broker, dealer, investment advisor, physician, theologian or prophet.  I should not be considered as legally permitted to render such advice!
Reub
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Reub »

Reub wrote: Scott Walker is moving up quickly. The liberal press will have to try to destroy him soon.
How predictable:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ ... story.html
Last edited by Reub on Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
madbean
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by madbean »

Reub wrote:
How predictable:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ ... story.html
If that's the only thing they have on him, I think they better keep looking. Hard to believe anybody is going to not vote for him because he didn't finish his college degree. Some people might even think it's a plus.

Did the same thing myself. I had only two semesters to go for a degree but when I a landed an IT job I started devoting my energies to my career and never went back to finish the degree. I haven't been as successful as Bill Gates or Steve Jobs who were also college dropouts but I've done okay.
MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by MachineGhost »

Assuming this story is true and not slanted and Walker didn't lie about his early political interest, do we want another ideologue "push the flesher" like Paul Ryan to be occupying the Presidency?  He reminds me a bit of Alex Keaton and his love for Nixon.

I'm conflicted as to whether a whore making it through both whore and non-whore adversity into becoming The Big Mother Whore Of Them All that the whore always dreamed of becoming is admirable or not.
Last edited by MachineGhost on Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by MachineGhost »

madbean wrote: If that's the only thing they have on him, I think they better keep looking. Hard to believe anybody is going to not vote for him because he didn't finish his college degree. Some people might even think it's a plus.
Give it time.  I'm confident the opposition has hired the qualified people who are working 24/7 to dig more skeletons out of the closet against all of the possible nominees.  This is what they do in dirty politics.
Did the same thing myself. I had only two semesters to go for a degree but when I a landed an IT job I started devoting my energies to my career and never went back to finish the degree. I haven't been as successful as Bill Gates or Steve Jobs who were also college dropouts but I've done okay.
Only about 1/4th or less of people ever finish college, so its not a big deal except to the ruling elites who naturally have a bias for class reasons.

MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by MachineGhost »

Sheer Speculation: The Republican Party hasn't grown up enough yet to be able to accept a Hispanic for the nomination but they can sprout halfway and tolerate a nominee's Hispanic wife. 
Last edited by MachineGhost on Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Pointedstick wrote: Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:25 pm My take:
Reub wrote: Jeb Bush
Scott Walker
Chris Christie
Rand Paul
Mike Huckabee No support beyond right-wing Christian fundamentalists
Ted Cruz No support beyond the far right
Ben Carson No experience
Carly Fiorina No experience, no public profile
John Kasich Never heard of him
Rick Perry Too much like Bush II
Mike Pence Who?
Donald Trump For obvious reasons :)
Bobby Jindal No charisma, funny voice
Marco Rubio
After reading through all the posts on this topic just could not resisting bringing this one back to life!

I'm not picking on Pointedstick here. He was no worse in his political divining than just about anyone else who commented on this Topic.

My summation would be that while I don't know how each of the commenters earn a living they should definitely stick with what they are doing and NOT be trying to have a second career as a political advisor!

Pointedstick's above comment "For obvious reasons :)" was the SOLE comment regarding Trump!

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 »

vnatale wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:09 pm
Pointedstick wrote: Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:25 pm My take:
Reub wrote: Jeb Bush
Scott Walker
Chris Christie
Rand Paul
Mike Huckabee No support beyond right-wing Christian fundamentalists
Ted Cruz No support beyond the far right
Ben Carson No experience
Carly Fiorina No experience, no public profile
John Kasich Never heard of him
Rick Perry Too much like Bush II
Mike Pence Who?
Donald Trump For obvious reasons :)
Bobby Jindal No charisma, funny voice
Marco Rubio
After reading through all the posts on this topic just could not resisting bringing this one back to life!

I'm not picking on Pointedstick here. He was no worse in his political divining than just about anyone else who commented on this Topic.

My summation would be that while I don't know how each of the commenters earn a living they should definitely stick with what they are doing and NOT be trying to have a second career as a political advisor!

Pointedstick's above comment "For obvious reasons :)" was the SOLE comment regarding Trump!

Vinny
It's also rather ironic that Ted Cruz was also crossed out, given that he was the last man standing against Trump! :o
MB
Ruby on Rails rules all
www.allterraininvesting.com