Saggy pants ban

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Saggy pants ban

Post by doodle »

I'm curious.....when did hairy chests go out of style and what prompted the shift?
All of humanity's problems stem from man's inability to sit quietly in a room alone. - Blaise Pascal
Pointedstick
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Pointedstick »

Yeah, pedophile mustaches are definitely out of fashion now.
Human behavior is economic behavior. The particulars may vary, but competition for limited resources remains a constant.
- CEO Nwabudike Morgan
WildAboutHarry
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WildAboutHarry »

[quote=MangoMan]I found out when I started dating again that the way women [and men] groom themselves in terms of hair is vastly different now from what it was then.[/quote]

I am curious, and yet curiously repelled at the same time.  I think I get the above-the-neck hair part, but are you also referring to the nether regions?  As in nether regions grooming?
It is the settled policy of America, that as peace is better than war, war is better than tribute.  The United States, while they wish for war with no nation, will buy peace with none"  James Madison
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer »

I'm thinking Brazilian - mega ouch to even think of it or a slick Schick shave (for those who remember old commercials).  :o

... Mountaineer
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
Ad Orientem
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Ad Orientem »

WildAboutHarry wrote:
MangoMan wrote:I found out when I started dating again that the way women [and men] groom themselves in terms of hair is vastly different now from what it was then.
I am curious, and yet curiously repelled at the same time.  I think I get the above-the-neck hair part, but are you also referring to the nether regions?  As in nether regions grooming?
Let's just say that given the grooming trends among the younger generation, I expect genital lice and crabs to find themselves on the endangered species list in the not too distant future.
Trumpism is not a philosophy or a movement. It's a cult.
WildAboutHarry
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WildAboutHarry »

Pugchief wrote:But since resuming dating, I have been using the wahl clippers on the shorter settings.
Wow.  Yet another reason to thank the lucky stars I somehow managed to stay married (i.e. out of the dating scene).  I tend to go a long time between haircuts, and I have a mustache.  I decline to comment on my nether regions, and I have never heard the term "manscaping" before  :)
The Wahl Clipper Corporation wrote:Since 1919, with the invention of the first practical electric hair clipper, Wahl Clipper Corporation has been the leader in the professional and home grooming category.
The Wahl Clipper Corporation must have had a rough time in the 1970s...
It is the settled policy of America, that as peace is better than war, war is better than tribute.  The United States, while they wish for war with no nation, will buy peace with none"  James Madison