Will Congress Keep Your Investments Safe? [probably not]

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

dragoncar
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Will Congress Keep Your Investments Safe? [probably not]

Post by dragoncar »

Uh... good article?  What more is there to say?
Early Cuyler

Post by Early Cuyler »

MangoMan wrote: Bump.
Seriously, not one person has a comment on this?
First, I had no idea how the net equity in a brokerage account was calculated for insurance purposes, thanks for bringing this up!

So now I have to reevaluate the brokerages I use in particular and investing with a brokerage firm in general. If brokerages offer essentially no protection in case of fraud (and possible liability, too) then  I would make sure I trust the broker I use now; I would also consider moving a chunk of my stock holdings to a mutual fund company, probably Vanguard because I believe their structure disincentivizes fraud. Aside from that, nothing much changes. I still need to do my due diligence on any firm I entrust with my money and I still need to operate under a plan that takes risks like these into account.

Just my 2¢

Ryan
You know how I feel about handouts...cash is much more flexible, hell, cash is king!
WildAboutHarry
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WildAboutHarry »

[quote=MangoMan]Well, I was hoping for some thoughts on how to protect yourself when this bill doesn't pass, of course following the comments on how useless our elected representatives are...[/quote]

Cash + Mattress.

Our elected representatives are worse than worthless.
It is the settled policy of America, that as peace is better than war, war is better than tribute.  The United States, while they wish for war with no nation, will buy peace with none"  James Madison