E-Mail Visibility

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

craigr
Administrator
Administrator

E-Mail Visibility

Post by craigr »

Several users have asked about their e-mails being visible after they have selected to hide their e-mail addresses. I have personally checked this myself and if you select your e-mail to be private nobody can see it besides you and the admins. I already had the settings so that e-mails are not visible to unregistered users (guests) as well. The additional option each user has also does in fact hide their e-mails from everyone but forum administrators. The e-mails are not visible to anyone else. I will look for an option so that e-mail is private by default as well.
craigr
Administrator
Administrator

Re: E-Mail Visibility

Post by craigr »

Ok the forum is now modified so that no user can see the addresses of any other user regardless of settings. Private messaging is the only way to contact other forum members.
Gumby
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Gumby »

craigr wrote: Ok the forum is now modified so that no user can see the addresses of any other user regardless of settings. Private messaging is the only way to contact other forum members.
Hmm... I'm able to see other people's email addresses. Perhaps you upgraded the forum software and it reverted the setting?
Nothing I say should be construed as advice or expertise. I am only sharing opinions which may or may not be applicable in any given case.
smurff
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by smurff »

craigr wrote: Ok the forum is now modified so that no user can see the addresses of any other user regardless of settings. Private messaging is the only way to contact other forum members.
I can see email addresses, too. 
Jan Van
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Jan Van »

Both for Gumby and smurff:
Email: hidden
"Well, if you're gonna sin you might as well be original" -- Mike "The Cool-Person"
"Yeah, well, that’s just, like, your opinion, man" -- The Dude