An incident that will be cited as a reason for gun control

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: An incident that will be cited as a reason for gun control

Post by Mountaineer »

Good grief, do you think WalMart hired a hatchet man?  Should have paid more than the current minimum wage and all would have been avoided  ;)
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
MediumTex
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MediumTex »

Wouldn't that incident be cited as a reason for "hatchet control"?

I don't see how gun control would help prevent hatchet attacks.  If anything, it would make hatchet attacks more common if people no longer had guns to defend themselves from hatchet attackers.
Q: “Do you have funny shaped balloons?”
A: “Not unless round is funny.”
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 »

MediumTex wrote: Wouldn't that incident be cited as a reason for "hatchet control"?

I don't see how gun control would help prevent hatchet attacks.  If anything, it would make hatchet attacks more common if people no longer had guns to defend themselves from hatchet attackers.
I can't find the reference right now, but I've seen claims that knife attacks are a reason that we need stricter gun control.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer »

To me, the operative word is "control".  The gun or hatchet or knife prefix is just a front to get more people to swallow that "government is here to help you" rather than "the government is here to control you".  Just one more big old con job. 

But then again, I admit I do enjoy the benefits of highways and the military among other government services, albeit many of those "services" could likely be more economical if privatized.  In business, we tried to reduce overhead.  In government, it seems expanded overhead (and thus expanded control) is the heroic goal.  But I'm getting off track so I'll stop venting.
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.