Who Killed Kennedy?

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

What's your view of the Kennedy assassination?

The evidence is overwhelming, it was a conspiracy.
15%
Lots of questions and loose ends, it might have been a conspiracy.
15%
I am unsure.
15%
There are some unanswered questions, but the evidence points to Oswald.
38%
The evidence is overwhelming, Oswald did it alone.
15%

Total votes: 26
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Who Killed Kennedy?

Post by vnatale » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:12 pm

Ad Orientem wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:05 pm
vnatale wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:52 pm
jacksonm2 wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:43 pm
Should probably ask Chuck Schumer. He warned Trump that if you piss off the intelligence agencies they have "six ways to Sunday" to come after you. Maybe he should be put under oath and asked to reveal what he knows that led him to make that statement?

(Note: I generally pay very little attention to conspiracy theories but this is one that is really hard to ignore - like maybe Epstein's suicide).
This allows me to practice what I hope to memorize from reading James Rickards's book - Death of Money.

I believe he stated that successful conspiracies need to be limited to the smallest number of people possible as all true conspiracies are subject to:

Betrayals
Disclosures
Blunders

After reading Bugliosi's book I was convinced it was Oswald alone. To believe ANY of the conspiracy theories requires a TREMENDOUS amount of faith.

In the now almost 60 intervening years we have never had anyone from any of these quite elaborate conspiracies betray anyone or make any disclosures. They may have been able to hold the line on those up to the point of the assassination but to believe ALL involved have maintained their silence for all these years just leaves me incredulous.

Vinny

I agree completely. Many years (decades) ago, I was a card carrying conspiracy true believer. But there is just no way. The more you look at the actual facts and evidence it becomes increasingly difficult to treat the various conspiracy theories seriously. There is a mountain of evidence pointing at Oswald. And there is no way 99% of it could be fabricated. You can't logically buy into conspiracy until you are prepared to dismantle of that evidence. And yes, the number of people who would have had to be involved in a coverup makes the idea that not one person would talk or leave a note in a safe deposit box to be opened on their death, simply laughable.
On a related note. You started this Topic because it was the anniversary. On November 22, 2019 I am almost certain I read no reference to it being the anniversary in my daily newspaper, nor heard it anywhere, or read about it anywhere.

I was old enough to see Ruby shoot Oswald live on TV.

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."