The death of JFK and the rewriting of history by the Left

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Ad Orientem
Executive Member
Executive Member

The death of JFK and the rewriting of history by the Left

Post by Ad Orientem »

Trumpism is not a philosophy or a movement. It's a cult.
notsheigetz
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: The death of JFK and the rewriting of history by the Left

Post by notsheigetz »

This November will be the 50th anniversary of the event so I suspect we'll be inundated with TV programs.

I was in a freshman English class in the high school library when news came over the loudspeaker before we were sent home early.

As I grow older I get more skeptical of conspiracy theories but at the same time I grow more convinced of the evil that men are capable of, and especially those who are attracted to government.
This space available for rent.
Ad Orientem
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Ad Orientem »

When younger I was a card carrying conspiracy nut. A more dispassionate examination of the evidence has long since left me convinced that Oswald did it, and he did it alone. I cannot recommend Vincent Bugliosi's book on the subject too strongly. He just destroys the conspiracy theorists.
Trumpism is not a philosophy or a movement. It's a cult.
notsheigetz
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by notsheigetz »

I'm recording and watching "The Kennedy's" on Reelz. Greg Kinnear plays Kennedy.

I expected a whitewash of the Kennedy legacy but I think it's been pretty fair so far.

Didn't know that when JFK had Dr. Feelgood over to give meth-amphetamine injections, Jackie got in on the action too - if true.

Most interesting aspect is JFK vs. Eisenhower's recently warned about Military Industrial Complex aka the war machine, starting with the Bay of Pigs. I don't know how accurate this is but it jives with other historical accounts I have read (and movies, like 13 Days). It portrays the Kennedy's as staunchly anti-communist but opposed to getting us into wars with no interest at stake other than national pride and being the big kid on the block. If true, I'm all for that kind of foreign policy but I think Kennedy might very well have been a weak-willed leader who ultimately didn't stand up for the principles he believed in. The escalation of the war in Vietnam began on his watch, even though it is laid at the feet of Johnson.
Last edited by notsheigetz on Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This space available for rent.