The Permanent Tooth and Gum Care Regime

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: The Permanent Tooth and Gum Care Regime

Post by MachineGhost » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:42 pm

I just wanted to post an update that the teeth staining was not casued by the regime but by the beet root powder acting as a carrier in the sublingual S.O.D. that I take.  The directions say hold for two minutes then swallow -- well I was holding it for around 10 minutes while shaving in a hot sauna.  Doh!

I also had my lower wisdom teeth extracted at my request about two weeks ago and the regime really amped up the gum recovery to warp speed!
"All generous minds have a horror of what are commonly called 'Facts'. They are the brute beasts of the intellectual domain." -- Thomas Hobbes

Disclaimer: I am not a broker, dealer, investment advisor, physician, theologian or prophet.  I should not be considered as legally permitted to render such advice!
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:10 am

MachineGhost wrote:I just wanted to post an update that the teeth staining was not casued by the regime but by the beet root powder acting as a carrier in the sublingual S.O.D. that I take.  The directions say hold for two minutes then swallow -- well I was holding it for around 10 minutes while shaving in a hot sauna.  Doh!

I also had my lower wisdom teeth extracted at my request about two weeks ago and the regime really amped up the gum recovery to warp speed!

I love you man.  Even when you call me whacko.
Mark
MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by MachineGhost » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:19 am

Plaque attack: Close up images of teeth reveal what lives in your mouth
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picture ... me=3022995
"All generous minds have a horror of what are commonly called 'Facts'. They are the brute beasts of the intellectual domain." -- Thomas Hobbes

Disclaimer: I am not a broker, dealer, investment advisor, physician, theologian or prophet.  I should not be considered as legally permitted to render such advice!
Pointedstick
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Pointedstick » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:35 pm

Can we get this sticked? It's a ridiculously awesome thread.
Human behavior is economic behavior. The particulars may vary, but competition for limited resources remains a constant.
- CEO Nwabudike Morgan
TennPaGa
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by TennPaGa » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:52 pm

Ask and you shall be glued.
Benko
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Benko » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:11 am

Just wanted to post some feedback.  Been using the regimen, especially the chlorine based rinse most religiously, and it has helped a lot.

Thanks again!
It was good being the party of Robin Hood. Until they morphed into the Sheriff of Nottingham
MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by MachineGhost » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:11 pm

TennPaGa wrote:Ask and you shall be glued.

I asked MT but never heard back from him.  Has he absconded his moderator duties?

[quote=Benko]Just wanted to post some feedback.  Been using the regimen, especially the chlorine based rinse most religiously, and it has helped a lot.

Thanks again![/quote]

Are you able to use the CloSys twice a day without negative taste effects?

Benko
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Benko » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:39 pm

MachineGhost wrote:[quote=Benko]Just wanted to post some feedback.  Been using the regimen, especially the chlorine based rinse most religiously, and it has helped a lot.

Thanks again!

Are you able to use the CloSys twice a day without negative taste effects?
[/quote]

Yes, twice a day is not a problem.  Either straight, or diluted in water, closys has little taste. 

On my most energetic days, I put however much closys they suggest FOR THIS USE, diluted in warm water in my waterpick and irrigate undergumline and between teeth.  Then brush.  The do same thing i.e. diluted listerene and irrigate between teeth and under gumline.  Then rince with the fluoride red stuff that I forget name of.  Floss sometimes.

Sometimes just closys with waterpik or just closys rinse + brushing.  Varies.
It was good being the party of Robin Hood. Until they morphed into the Sheriff of Nottingham
MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by MachineGhost » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:51 pm

Of interest, here's the world's first dental citizen science campaign.  We'll put pugchief out of business, yet! ;)

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ubio ... icrobiome/

Reub
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Reub » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:25 pm

I tried a WaterPik recently and it seems to have cracked two of my fillings. Dentists must love these things!
pugchief
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pugchief » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:46 pm

Reub wrote:I tried a WaterPik recently and it seems to have cracked two of my fillings. Dentists must love these things!

That is simply not possible. The force of the water is not powerful enough to even damage your gums, let alone your teeth and fillings. You probably broke them by grinding / clenching in your sleep, or biting accidentally on something hard like an unpopped popcorn kernel or olive pit. Or maybe the filling was past its useful life and would have needed replacement regardless.
"Congressmen should wear uniforms, you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could identify their corporate sponsors."
pugchief
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pugchief » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:54 pm

MachineGhost wrote:Of interest, here's the world's first dental citizen science campaign.  We'll put pugchief out of business, yet! ;)

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ubio ... icrobiome/

We don't need any help; we are putting ourselves out of business on our own with  :-X  fluoride.  :'(

So let's say you get the test [not covered by insurance!!] and it actually isn't total BS. What is your dentist going to do with the information? Alter your saliva [not possible, and if it was: not covered by insurance!!]? I ran a similar test on my dog for an allergy issue and the test came back listing 20 different things he may be allergic to. Like grass, and carpet fibers. What am I supposed to do with that information? Not let him pee outside? Remove the wall-to-wall carpet covering roughly 2000 sq ft of floor? If it's not actionable, or expensive to rectify, what's the point?
"Congressmen should wear uniforms, you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could identify their corporate sponsors."