Moderator: Global Moderator

frugal
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Hobbies

Post by frugal » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:27 am

sports
reading about investments
Live healthy, live actively and live life!
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:08 pm

Still play softball? If so, more description, please? Single sex or co-ed? Type - slow pitch, semi-fast. Positions you play. Anything else you want to say!

Thanks

Vinny
moda0306 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:51 am
I play guitar, shoot trap, and am a bit of a grill and beer snob... I also love playing volleyball and softball.

Does debating economics/politics count as a hobby?
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:15 pm

I am not a maritime history enthusiast but I love reading books, particularly history and related to American wars.

Based on your recommendation I just purchased a Very Good used hard copy at Amazon for $5.81 delivered!

Thanks

Vinny
Xan wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:44 pm
Ad Orientem wrote: Reading on a wide range of subjects. Big maritime history enthusiast. I collect photos and anything else related to naval and maritime history with an emphasis on ocean liners.
Have you read "Last Flag Down"?  It's about the CSS Shenandoah, which circumnavigated the globe, crossing the equator four time.  She fired the last shot of the Civil War.  It's a fascinating read.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:16 pm

Last week or so when I asked if there were any baseball fans here, I got none! But YOU surely must be!!!?? Especially now!

Vinny
HB Reader wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:59 pm
Since retiring (ten years ago):

Physical fitness
Investing
Vacationing w/wife
MLB (Washington Nationals)
Reading (Currently: Bernstein's Masters of the Word.  That might interest WAH!) 
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:20 pm

- Martial arts
- Bodybuilding
- Investing/finance
- Acting
- Stand up comedy
- Voice/Piano
- Programming

- Math. 8)
🛞 The All-Terrain Portfolio 🛞
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:45 pm

vnatale wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:15 pm
I am not a maritime history enthusiast but I love reading books, particularly history and related to American wars.

Based on your recommendation I just purchased a Very Good used hard copy at Amazon for $5.81 delivered!

Thanks

Vinny
Xan wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:44 pm
Ad Orientem wrote: Reading on a wide range of subjects. Big maritime history enthusiast. I collect photos and anything else related to naval and maritime history with an emphasis on ocean liners.
Have you read "Last Flag Down"?  It's about the CSS Shenandoah, which circumnavigated the globe, crossing the equator four time.  She fired the last shot of the Civil War.  It's a fascinating read.
As noted above, I did by "Last Flag Down" on your recommendation. And, tonight, finally started reading it. It is one of those books that after reading only the first page I can already see that it is going to be a good one. On page 104 now and it's stayed at its level of excellence.

Vinny
snedgar

Post by snedgar » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:23 am

Mountain climbing (when I can get out with partners again)

And since Covid, I've taken up drinking and learning to play poker >:D