Biden: task before us is to create a new world order

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Benko
Executive Member
Executive Member

Biden: task before us is to create a new world order

Post by Benko »

It was good being the party of Robin Hood. Until they morphed into the Sheriff of Nottingham
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Biden: task before us is to create a new world order

Post by Tortoise »

As I recall, George Bush, Sr. was another prominent U.S. politician who spoke approvingly of a "new world order":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc7i0wCFf8g

It's nice to see that our Republican and Democratic leaders actually agree on something ;)
Benko
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Benko »

1. Because Bush said it makes it right?
2. Last I checked he was not known for hanging around with/appointing

a. people who actually did blow up things earlier in their career
b. marxists
It was good being the party of Robin Hood. Until they morphed into the Sheriff of Nottingham
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise »

I was being sarcastic, Benko. My point was that most of the Republican vs. Democrat issues in the media are merely distractions. On the really important things like global financial and military hegemony and the formation of a "new world order," our Republican and Democratic leadership seem to be in agreement.

And no, I do not think that is a good thing.

This is just one reason why I am a libertarian.
MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by MachineGhost »

[quote=Wikipedia]The common theme in conspiracy theories about a New World Order is that a secretive power elite with a globalist agenda is conspiring to eventually rule the world through an authoritarian world government—which replaces sovereign nation-states—and an all-encompassing propaganda that ideologizes its establishment as the culmination of history's progress. Significant occurrences in politics and finance are speculated to be orchestrated by an unduly influential cabal operating through many front organizations. Numerous historical and current events are seen as steps in an on-going plot to achieve world domination through secret political gatherings and decision-making processes.[2][3][4][5][6]

Prior to the early 1990s, New World Order conspiracism was limited to two American countercultures, primarily the militantly anti-government right, and secondarily fundamentalist Christians concerned with end-time emergence of the Antichrist.[7] Skeptics, such as Michael Barkun and Chip Berlet, have observed that right-wing populist conspiracy theories about a New World Order have now not only been embraced by many seekers of stigmatized knowledge but have seeped into popular culture, thereby inaugurating an unrivaled period of people actively preparing for apocalyptic millenarian scenarios in the United States of the late 20th and early 21st centuries.[3][5] These political scientists are concerned that this mass hysteria could have what they judge to be devastating effects on American political life, ranging from widespread political alienation to escalating lone-wolf terrorism.[3][5][/quote]

Where's the A-Team when you need them? ;)
Last edited by MachineGhost on Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All generous minds have a horror of what are commonly called 'Facts'. They are the brute beasts of the intellectual domain." -- Thomas Hobbes

Disclaimer: I am not a broker, dealer, investment advisor, physician, theologian or prophet.  I should not be considered as legally permitted to render such advice!
moda0306
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by moda0306 »

If we take him for his word on what he means by "New World Order," basically making sure we're rewarding fair competition, and not granting our purchase orders to the countries who abuse their workers and the environment the most and then therefore can do it the cheapest, and helping those who have more fair standards compete on an even playing field, then I say hell yes.

I've long thought that western countries should try to develop a tarriff system based on the environmentaland labor standards of the countries we're trading with as an incentive to fair competition.

There are a few Wikipedia items that cover the phrase New World Order... it would seem to me that rather than the conspiracy of elitists to control the world, Biden might be talking more about the one defined as:

"any period of history evidencing a dramatic change in world political thought and the balance of power."

I think global economics is something worth considering fixing aspects of on a pretty wide scale... tipping the "balance of power" back to those who wish to do things the right way, not just the owners of the means of production and governments that are willing to fall to the lowest common denominator.
"Men did not make the earth. It is the value of the improvements only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property. Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds."

- Thomas Paine
Benko
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Benko »

New world order i.e. one where the US has less influence in the world, where the global balance of power is more fair and the worlds 99% have more, and the worlds 1% (e.g. the US) has less.

Looks like we are pretty well on the way to a fairer world/new world order.  You might almost think it had been purposely orchestrated.
Lone Wolf
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Lone Wolf »

MachineGhost wrote:These political scientists are concerned that this mass hysteria could have what they judge to be devastating effects on American political life, ranging from widespread political alienation to escalating lone-wolf terrorism.
What exactly are you accusing me of here?  :o