GOP plan to change Electoral College

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Pointedstick
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: GOP plan to change Electoral College

Post by Pointedstick »

I wholeheartedly support it. This change will inadvertently give third parties more of a chance! No longer would they need statewide majorities in order to get any electoral votes.
Human behavior is economic behavior. The particulars may vary, but competition for limited resources remains a constant.
- CEO Nwabudike Morgan
moda0306
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by moda0306 »

I definitely agree with abandoning the electoral college, but anything short of runoff or others election procedures, in my estimation, will do anything to give 3rd parties a chance to do anything to empower 3rd parties.
"Men did not make the earth. It is the value of the improvements only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property. Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds."

- Thomas Paine
MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by MachineGhost »

What a bunch of sore losers!

Nevertheless, it's an interesting idea.  Rather than eliminate the many benefits of the electoral college, make it more inclusive by including those who are currently disenfranchised.  It would also make national elections more parliamentary-style which has its pluses and minuses.

However, the idea would also seem to torpedo the burgeoning National Popular Vote Interstate Compact which is the singularly worst form of mass mob rule ever devised.
"All generous minds have a horror of what are commonly called 'Facts'. They are the brute beasts of the intellectual domain." -- Thomas Hobbes

Disclaimer: I am not a broker, dealer, investment advisor, physician, theologian or prophet.  I should not be considered as legally permitted to render such advice!
Dieter
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Dieter »

IMO, all states or none....

And something similar for Congressional districts to reduce impact of Gerymandandering?

And more use of ranked choice voting...
Last edited by Dieter on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.